The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2005 Lotus Elise. I want to trick it out. Was thinking of black wheels, sports exhaust, window tint, lambo doors, and spoiler. Are all of these possible / pratical. Anyone do these things to their Elise? Any recommendations of where to go in Northern California? I'm in San Francisco. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, but am willing to spend enough for a good job.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Have you ever used a forum before? Doesn't look like it... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
do a search on lambo doors and you'll get what you're looking for.

uh, good luck

you don't want to spend an arm and a leg but you boast that you had a porsche at the age of 20 and later this year you're getting an M6 convertible????

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Agent,
others sarcasm notwithstanding. yep you can do a lot of mods to your elise, some of the ideas you have have been done, and you can use search hear to find threads of mods. Also, on the front page of the forum at the bottom, click on "sponsors", some of those businesses offer all kinds of goodies for the elise, from cosmetic to performance.

Welcome aboard.
Chris

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am new to forums, this is my first one. Be gentle, please. o:) Thanks for the advice. I will look around.

·
Registered
866 Posts
AgentTripleX said:
I am new to forums, this is my first one. Be gentle, please. o:) Thanks for the advice. I will look around.
please for the lvoe of god dont do lambo doors. Do whatever you want to with your car, but the lambo doors are really over the top...

Mods for the Elise cost about 2 to 3 times what they do for another car using the same motor (celica Matrix).

Intake - Turbo XS has the highest Hp gains a great sound and costs the least by a long shot...200 dollars shipped.

Exhaust - There are several to choose from, but to my knowledge the Quicksilver is the lowest priced and gives the highest HP. a lot of other people favor the Araguay SINGLE tip. Both make around the same HP (5 to 8) and are not that expensive.

Spoilers - Many different choices. Pay careful attention to how they mount on the rear clam. Some do not have proper reinforcement and some have severly damaged the trunk lid. The most popular are the GUT rear spoilers, but me persoanlly, i like the Forcedfed rear wing. Apparentlythough it limits rear visability. It is on my wish list. www.forcedfed.com. Be very cautious about front splitters. the front of the car is already very prone to scraping and damage. A splitter redcues the approach angle even more. Although it is cheaper to replace than a new front clam.. There are two common splitters. The GUT looks very nice once it is painted and there are some others but if you use the search button you can find them.

That is about it. Tinting and striping are easy. There is a guy here named ANDY at SC elise that does a lot of the striping here and does a great job. the stripe job costs I think 600, but it might have changed.

One last thing don't get sucked in to paying 500 to 600 for carbon fiber BS, it is a load of crap for the most part. Yes in some cases it can sagve weight. However, drive with 1 less gallon of gas saved more weight than most of the carbon pieces put together. Don't be fooled about the carbon fiber intakes. Only go with proven dyno gains. Also, ask yourself why a company could offer exhausts that are 4000 dollars that have no proven dyno gains and have a very short length of pipe to the exit of the car if *stupid* (sorry for this word) people didn't buy it. Don't get sucked into the Lotus markup, if you look you will find a reasonable price for everything you want. This is the same reason why turbo kits cost so much on our cars. If you want one of those look at the dyno results and the price. Then pocket the thousands of dollars that you COULD have spent on needless markup but DIDN'T.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thought I'd wake up my first thread on a car forum, lol. Finally got the double tip exhaust put on my Elise. It sounds ridiculous.:drool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
AgentTripleX said:
Thought I'd wake up my first thread on a car forum, lol. Finally got the double tip exhaust put on my Elise. It sounds ridiculous.:drool:
you need to clean your diffuser. :D

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I have 50 percent window tint on my Elise and you can not really even tell it is tinted unless you are parked next ot another Elise. It does help the ac cope with the Texas heat. The "Lambo" doors I cannot endorse though.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
The thread is over a year old, XXX doesn't have Lambo doors yet... I think we can let it go.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
vortrex said:
you need to clean your diffuser. :D
I'm sending my wheels out for powder coating in a week so was thinking perhaps it will be a good time to powder coat the diffuser and gas cap too. Otherwise I'll need to figure out how to clean it and cover up the hole from my previous exhaust.

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dfa2100 said:
The thread is over a year old, XXX doesn't have Lambo doors yet... I think we can let it go.
Ya, I think I decided against it. :shrug: Now I want a Lambo instead of the doors on the Elise. :shift:

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
BTW - I just drove it for the first time since install, is it normal for it to smell like something is burning?

G

·
Yes.... it will smell for about 25 miles or so. It's the oils from the metal and the welding goop heating up and burning off...

It will make a lot of smoke at first too!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Which exhaust is that? It looks great.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Nice! I've always liked the 111s dual exhaust look.
Did you pick up a new diffuser, too? One without the exhuast holes...

1 - 20 of 224 Posts