The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...Its been a while since I have made any posts hope every1 has been doing well.

As my heading would indicate my front clam is off for some parking block repairs. I was wondering what simple mods I could accomplish while the clam was off. I am in Florida and know I need to do something with the A/C. Saw someone suggested duct taping the fresh air intake vents. I would seach and read but the shop will only have the clam off for a day or 2 and I have been extremely busy as of late. Would anyone be kind enough to give me some suggestions, point me in the right direction...I am fairly handy but now auto mechanic by any means.

Thanks in advance,
Brett

·
Registered
98 Posts
It is easier to put SS brake lines on with the clam off.
Where do you live in Florida, I live in Winter Haven.
Do you track your car?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im in Fort Walton Beach, and no Ive never tracked the car...heck I barely get to drive it at all...She is a garage queen mostly :(
Not my intention, but oh well.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
It'd be a good time to upgrade your horns.

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Horns. HID lights would be slightly easier with the clam off.

If you wanted to add the running light option (if your car does not have them) it is easier with the clam off.

Most other stuff is not that big of a deal with the clam on.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the suggestions every1. Viper yours sounds scary to me...lol. I will look in your links but is there a place to read about that resistor pack that would have pics as to where it is?

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
fastmerc
just an fyi watch the radiator when removing/installing the clam as the center bolt section can scratch it.

the driving light kit install is easier with the clam off also (although it's not too bad with it on, unless there's a problem like the rusty bolt i had:wallbang:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts