The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my buddy Mojo. My best friend. He likes to bark alot and chase cats. His eye (not the red one from the flash but the other one) has a tumor and is being removed tomorrow.

The doctor believes it is benign but won't know for sure until they do tests on the removed eye. He is already blind in the eye and the tumor is growing which is giving him bad headaches from the pressure.

The doctor says that he should have a speedy recovery because removing the eye should relieve the pressure - plus he won't be depressed because he is already blind in the eye. He gets a fake eye to fill in the void but they will be sewing his eyelid shut.

So after tomorrow if all goes well (and no signs of cancer) I will have a one eyed pirate dog. I will post pictures of him when he is feeling better!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Good luck man. How old is he? I wonder what the path report will show.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Wow, that's sad. Good luck! That dog's got a face you can't help but love.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's 6 years old.

He often can be a real pain in the ass. Australian Shepherds are always go, go, go!

But he is by far the coolest dog I have ever known.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
offroadr35 said:
cute dog. best of luck!

i like dogs way more than people
Damn aint that the truth :D

Good luck with the operation. It's good to see someone care for their pet properly.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
offroadr35 said:
cute dog. best of luck!

i like dogs way more than people
Same here...

My cousin has a 3-legged teacup chihuahua that was hit by a car a while back and had to have it's now missing 4th leg amputated. She still gets around very well as a tripod ;)

My last dog died of cancer after 3 years of medical bills that would easily rival the ones you'd see for a human... hopefully the tumor is benign.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Austr. Shepards are high maintenance, but very intelligent and up for most anything. My friend has one. Had her guts ripped open by a javelina boar. Two days later after surgery she was running around as if nothing that week had happened. Dogs are often better than many people I meet.

Another friend had a big ass Mastiff that lost its rear leg to cancer. Got around as if nothing was amiss. Even would jump up w/o assistance into the bed of a pickup and go hiking in the desert. Few humans have such pluck.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Donovan said:
He often can be a real pain in the ass. Australian Shepherds are always go, go, go!
<----- Tell me about it.

Good luck to you and the puppy. Teach him to say 'arrrrrr'.

·
Registered
724 Posts
heaven goes by favor. if it went by merit you would stay out and your dog would go in. //// if you pick up a stray dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you. this is the principal differance between a dog and a man. ( pair of quotes from mark twain)

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Sorry to hear about Mojo. How did he get a tumor in his eye? I'm sure it's not going to stop him from being mischievious as you say. :) When are you getting him a parrot and an eye patch? :p
Good luck!

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The eye patch kicks ass! Thanks everybody.

Not exactly sure how he got the tumor. He just did. I dropped him off at 7 this morning and I am suppose to pick him up at 5!

Will give ya the updates!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
My wife and I love dogs we have three, they are just great. Good luck on the surgery, believe me Mojo will be the same afterward still full of energy and wanting to play!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Dogs and cats pretty much sail through adversity, losing legs, eyes, hearing, etc. doesn't seem to slow them down very much for very long.
Chris

·
Registered
94 Posts
Fastest couch potato

Meet my Greyhound peanut. What other type of dog would a lotus fan own.

Fastest breed of dog.
English heritage
Very tempermental

Attachments

1 - 20 of 62 Posts