The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First the disclaimer. I DID search this site for about 1/2hour. So if I did miss where this came up, 'my bad', don't tear me a new one, just point me in the right direction.

That being said. I let my Dad borrow my car and he apparently left tomatoes in the trunk FOR 3 WEEKS! Now my trunk smells like a gym bag. :panic:

Although its not unique to the Elise, can anyone offer sound advice how I can rid my carpets and trunk of the mold?

Thank ever so much.

·
Registered
344 Posts
anyone see the irony in the posters user name, and this thread subject.
:)

LOL!!!

Oh, and just to beat anyone else to it: You can completely eliminate your mold problem with a new Elise/Exige !!!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Uh...

Remove the trunk carpet and take it your your local high-pressure wash?

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
air ionizer is the only thing I've ever found that completely eliminated odors from a car. My cousin had a car his wifes cat peed in and he tried everything in that car- and the smell would always come back. 8 hours with an ionizer and you could put your nose to the carpet and not smell it, and it never came back. My dad used to sell a particular unit (I'm sure he still can) and they would actually do before and after mold tests from a lab to prove that it had eliminated the mold spores from your home.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Toss 'em in the washing machine or take them to the high pressure wash.

Mats clean up great in a front loader.

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Why not just remove the carpets from your trunk and leave them out...its better to remove it and the foam anyway. Builds up lots of heat with it in there anyway.

·
Super Moderator
2,844 Posts
Remove the moldy carpet from the car and wash it as the others have said. If using a washing machine, be careful if it is a top loader because the agitator can damage the carpet. When you are done washing it, leave it out in the sun to dry. Laying it over a picnic table works well and make sure to turn it over so both sides are exposed to the direct sun and don't leave it out if it starts raining. If the carpet still smells moldy after a day, bring it inside for the night and then continue to take it outside and leave it in the sun for as many days as it takes until it no longer smells.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Step 1 - Remove the clam
Step 2 - Install supercharger kit
Step 3 - Do all the stuff in the previous posts
Step 4 - Reinstall clam & drive

1 - 11 of 11 Posts