The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called every shop you could imagine trying to locate a throttle cable for my Elise which broke last autocross; this couldn't have come at a worse time, as a two day divisional event is this coming weekend. The team at MWR pulled the one from their shop car to insure I could make this weekends event ! This level of Service is something severely lacking in the industry today , I can't express enough my gratitude to MWR.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
MWR

Just sharing my experience / no one has these in stock in the country ( I checked) sector 111 was of zero help, and suggested I contact a dealer ( no shi* I didn't think to call a dealer ....:huh: the guys at MWR actually worked to help me out ,not check parts catalog and say " we don't sell that".

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Just sharing my experience / no one has these in stock in the country ( I checked) sector 111 was of zero help, and suggested I contact a dealer ( no shi* I didn't think to call a dealer ....:huh: the guys at MWR actually worked to help me out ,not check parts catalog and say " we don't sell that".
It's nice that they helped you. Unfortunately your gushing thread title and sentiment is not shared by some who have been heavily burned by them. Take their little good dead with a grain of salt. One good dead does not wipe out the many bad ones. Just be careful with them

·
Registered
362 Posts
I called every shop you could imagine trying to locate a throttle cable for my Elise which broke last autocross; this couldn't have come at a worse time, as a two day divisional event is this coming weekend. The team at MWR pulled the one from their shop car to insure I could make this weekends event ! This level of Service is something severely lacking in the industry today , I can't express enough my gratitude to MWR.
Thanks for the kind words. That cable is out of our blue 05; seemed like a worthwhile job to pull the throttle cable out so somebody else could go racing for the weekend. I have checked with every US source and a couple overseas and it looks like we may be waiting a little while for our replacement :O They're still on order.

This is the second throttle cable I've heard of failing this season so once the supply returns we will probably start stocking these. Kind of a strange part to fail on relatively stock low mile cars.

·
Registered
577 Posts
I've had nothing but positive experiences with MWR. Most of my engine came from them, and they've always given excellent customer service.

Matt has personally answered some random tuning questions I emailed him, and has always done so promptly. When there was a slight issue with something I ordered they called to let me know.

Since ordering from them in the past, lately I've been doing a bit of work for Turbo Lab in Orem, UT. Pretty much any time we work on a Lotus engine we get our parts from MWR because of their pricing and service.

So I'll also add a thanks to Matt and the MWR crew.

-Jeff D.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks!

Also, I try to mention every now and then that I can't get on the forums as much as I'd like so if any of you ever need anything it's quickest to email us at info (at) monkeywrenchracing (dot) com or give us a call at 248-624-9820. I spend at least a couple of hours a day answering email and phone messages and am always happy to help with questions whether they relate to our products or not.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts