The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I haven't seen this info posted on here yet and I thought others would like to know.

Monkeywrench Racing appears to have an exhaust system in development. Also, while speaking to them on the phone, they indicated that they plan to offer other goodies (supercharger kits, engine swaps, etc.) in the future.

Link to the Monkeywrench Racing website:Monkeywrench Racing

Attachments

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I spoke with them about it last week...3" piping past the collector, you will have to extend the sensor leads yourself, and if you want to use a different muffłer you'll have to have it custom done..

But I'm watching this as an affordable, is made header option...ill probably cut off the muffler though and use mine.

No sound clips weights power gains or prices yet..I think they said they have it on two cars for testing now...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...you will have to extend the sensor leads yourself...
That’s strange…when I spoke to them last week they indicated they will be making o2 sensor extension cables.

I’m actually in the process of trying to source a company to make o2 sensor extension cables for the Evora. I found a company that is interested (i.e., Caspers Electronics), but they do not have access to the connectors used for the o2 sensors on the Evora. Presently, they are investigating whether they can source these hard to get connectors. My question is, if they are so hard to get, how does Lotus get them? It is my hope that this will get sorted out and that Caspers Electronics can provide o2 sensor extension cables for all the shops making full exhaust systems for the Evora.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
That’s strange…when I spoke to them last week they indicated they will be making o2 sensor extension cables.

I’m actually in the process of trying to source a company to make o2 sensor extension cables for the Evora. I found a company that is interested (i.e., Caspers Electronics), but they do not have access to the connectors used for the o2 sensors on the Evora. Presently, they are investigating whether they can source these hard to get connectors. My question is, if they are so hard to get, how does Lotus get them? It is my hope that this will get sorted out and that Caspers Electronics can provide o2 sensor extension cables for all the shops making full exhaust systems for the Evora.
It'd be nice to find a simple solution-I'm hesîtant to cut anything that probably costs probably $10k haha

Fwiw it could've been very easily misconstrued in the series of emails sent back and forth.

I like the look of these as an option as stated and have a feeling they will be MUCH cheaper than the European offerings due to the conversion rate

·
Illegal Alien
4,773 Posts

Last week they told me a few months out on o2 extensions. I would expect that Lotus is using Toyota sourced O2 parts, the manifold and downpipe are Camry parts thus same precat/post cat sensor positions.

But then just because the plugs may be produced in the millions doesnt mean the aftermarket has access yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts