The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been quietly working on an improved set of RS134 Monolites. We have not landed on a name but we are working with our factory to make tweaks to shave some additional weight from these already super light wheels. See the drawing below to see some of the areas that will be machined to removed weight. We hope to get the front below 11lbs and the rear closer to 13lbs.

Visually they will still look very much like the originals - wheel nerds (like me) will take exception to this statement. ;)

We still have to finish the engineering and then conduct testing to confirm they still meet JWL wheel test specs. This is an expensive step as the wheels are tested to failure.

We hope to have wheels ready by next Spring. Light Gold, Metallic Black, Hyper Silver are current color choices that we will likely order. I will have examples of each color to share later.

We will start taking small deposits this Dec. Pricing to be close to current prices. Deposit holders will get a discount from retail.

Wheel White Automotive tire Rim Bicycle part

Every time I drive a Lotus with a set of our Monolites, I am reminded of the massive benefit of light wheels - performance and comfort. I think light wheels that fit correctly, are one of the best upgrades that you can make on a light car. 100% :cool:

· Registered
65 Posts
Nice (y) Good to have options. I still have the "stock" wheels and would like to pickup something like these.

No "Gun Metal Grey" this time? I kind of liked that, but also like the black and silver.

· Registered
29 Posts
HI Shinoo I will be in to order one if you reach the weight of TRmotorsports f1 wheels with a little lips and if I get the dark bronze color ( I like the black too) thanks Shinoo that smart step for the wheels i love light wheels .that the photos of the color I really want .

Attachments

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice (y) Good to have options. I still have the "stock" wheels and would like to pickup something like these.

No "Gun Metal Grey" this time? I kind of liked that, but also like the black and silver.
Color is still TBD - except for the Light Gold. We gotta do that color!

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any consideration in not having a lip in version 2 to further differentiate and give a more “modern” look? :D
The lip is what allow the wheel to be so light. We want the wheel to be more of an evolution not a revolutionary design change.

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HI Shinoo I will be in to order one if you reach the weight of TRmotorsports f1 wheels with a little lips and if I get the dark bronze color ( I like the black too) thanks Shinoo that smart step for the wheels i love light wheels .that the photos of the color I really want .
The TR wheel is very light BUT is not as wide as ours, hence the weight advantage. I want weight savings and a wheel that properly utilizes the 195 tire.

Color choices are still TBD...Bronze could be offered if enough people want it.

· Registered
2006 Lotus Elise, British Racing Green
257 Posts
The TR wheel is very light BUT is not as wide as ours, hence the weight advantage. I want weight savings and a wheel that properly utilizes the 195 tire.

Color choices are still TBD...Bronze could be offered if enough people want it.
I would also be down for a bronze color as well! If not bronze, the light gold does look very good :cool:

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can confirm the light gold is pretty sweet ;)
View attachment 1328470
Dallas,
The light Gold is actually even lighter than what is on your car. You have the original Gold color. This new version is really light - almost silver in certain light.

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Blue

We had one set of RS134s made in this color to see it. We installed them onto our latest 111RS. Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Wheel Tire

· shay2nak
25,241 Posts
Awesome! Same sizes as before?

Need a SATIN BLACK color!

· Supporting Vendor
4,721 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
the darker bronze or darker gold will work it s the supercars color wheels .
Agreed, though bronze has been more associated with JDM cars.

I like bronze. I also like the darker gold more than the light gold.
I'd like to have a bit of differentiation on this first batch so the Light Gold will be the choice. We're sure to offer the original gold again later.

Any photos of gold on a storm titanium car?
Let me see if I can get them installed onto my StormTi Elise and post up some pix...

Awesome! Same sizes as before?

Need a SATIN BLACK color!
Yes, we can't seem to get enough guys who will commit to wider sizes. Satin Black is a tough one as it always looks dirty and too racy...I like Satin Black but most of the market does not. :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts