The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks..PRICE REDUCED. Must sell. $18,500 OR best offer. Make me an offer..who knows. The car was $48,000 new, they only built 90 of them and I paid $30,000 just two years ago and Ive put money into it.

Taking substantial loss to sell this ASAP, but I have a new project going and I NEED the cash. Willing to take the loss for an immediate sell. This is a golden opportunity for someone who has the money right now. If I dont sell the car in the next few weeks I'll keep the car and or/take my time selling it for the correct, more substantial, price.

For "racers", this car bone stock is supposed to run 12's in the quarter, its also a capable autocrosser with thousands invested in the suspension..brand new custom revalved koni's. After running our turbo miata at an autocross we asked to take this car out on course on a lark for some "fun runs" at a lexington event. This car, on my stock street tires, on its first run, ran within a 10th of the FASTEST SM2 time of the day.

1992 Monster Motorsports Miata. Built by Monster Motorsports in California. David Hops ( monster motorsports owner) was the consultant. I have all records, Davids business card etc included.

This car was also featured in an Overseas Auto Magazine. Full feature article, five pages with full color pictures of the car and descriptions of it s build up and extolling the Monster Motorsports virtues. The car has also been featured in several US publications with photo's and write-ups. I placed it in a car show once on a lark and recieved 1st place in my class.

The car was built in 1992 and both the chassis and motor were brand new. The car currently has 46,900 original miles.

And NO these cars arent nose heavy..with iron heads they're only 150lbs heavier up front. Aluminum heads would make it a non issue. The car has been corner weighted and the suspension has been tweaked.

Classic Red Monster.
Monster Motorsports lower lip spoiler.
Cowl Induction hood
Rollbar
Monster Motorsports Embossed Valve Covers.
Brand New KENWOOD radio, JBL door speakers.
Fire Extinguisher mounted on the floor
Simpson racing harnesses
Lightened Flywheel
JBA headers
World Class T5 tranny
FULL stainless steel exhaust. Full custom, $1900
Wilwood proportioning valve for brakes.
Big Brakes, RX7 four piston calipers with Brembo Cross Drilled and slotted rotors.
Nitrous Express Wet Kit nitrous system with 10lb bottle, in car arming system, etc.
Stainless Braided brake lines.
RX7 Spindles/5 lug conversion.
Koni suspension. Koni's were sent off for custom race revalve ( installed 5 months ago, $1500 )
Heavy duty springs front and rear
Chassis reinforced with ladder bar and rails reinforced with custom ironwork.
Rear end is a Tbird with Limited Slip Differential, custom cut halfshafts, cyrogenically frozen/hardened.
Heavy Duty Racing Alternator
Heavy Duty starter
Polished intake
Accel plug wires
DUAL spal fans
Custom alarm system with reach in and perimeter protection.
Trunk and doorlocks are wired for remote open/close.

The car has the BEST of the BEST, every upgrade ever afforded a monster, this car has, plus some.

More pictures can be seen here,

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/412854/5

1 - 2 of 2 Posts