Sea turtle out of its shell for some reason

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:huh:

strange/silly post# 14 for midashands.

as for pictured... :thwack: not real.

You're right - and I haven't even been spending much time around you to influence me!!! - Whats going on :wallbang:

·
Registered
4,437 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
why would it be a sea turtle out of it's shell? Turtles do NOT come out of their shells...it's integrated into their body/skin.

They're not like hermit crabs! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
why would it be a sea turtle out of it's shell? Turtles do NOT come out of their shells...it's integrated into their body/skin.

They're not like hermit crabs! :rolleyes:

Maybe someone got ambitious with a knife?

Its head, legs, tail all are turtle like.

The flipper part I cant decide yet, maybe that skin has already decayed? I can tell you it wouldnt be able to walk with those limbs and a body like that. THATS not hard to see.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
From the same wikipedia page...

Lol a turtle's shell is its ribcage/spine. You can't 'remove it', any more than I can remove your ribcage and spine and keep you alive and looking normal. Turtles don't 'fall out' of their shells, any more than you fall out of your spine and ribcage.

Turtle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tortoises, being land-based, have rather heavy shells. In contrast, aquatic and soft-shelled turtles have lighter shells that help them avoid sinking in water and swim faster with more agility. These lighter shells have large spaces called fontanelles between the shell bones. The shell of a leatherback turtle is extremely light because they lack scutes and contain many fontanelles.

I dunno if this helps explain how it can be separated....but it looks like a damn turtle.

·
Registered
143 Posts
"The upper shell of the turtle is called the carapace. The lower shell that encases the belly is called the plastron. The carapace and plastron are joined together on the turtle's sides by bony structures called bridges. The inner layer of a turtle's shell is made up of about 60 bones that includes portions of the backbone and the ribs, meaning the turtle cannot crawl out of its shell. "

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
"The upper shell of the turtle is called the carapace. The lower shell that encases the belly is called the plastron. The carapace and plastron are joined together on the turtle's sides by bony structures called bridges. The inner layer of a turtle's shell is made up of about 60 bones that includes portions of the backbone and the ribs, meaning the turtle cannot crawl out of its shell. "

I never suggested it crawled out.

Dont quote the same thing over and over, try reading peoples posts before arguing.

·
Registered
143 Posts
My point is that you would not see whole, unblemished skin on the animal in question, if it was a turtle. You keep reiterating the point that it looks like a turtle. I keep reiterating the point that it could not be, because removing the shell results in a bloody mess with no skin, and organs everywhere, because the turtle's shell is its skeleton.

Instead of jumping right in to an argument, i suggest reading the supporting evidence another poster provides (as i have done), otherwise you come off looking uninformed.

·
Registered
101 Posts

Youre hiding from the facts with your scientific mumbo jumbo. It all depends on which expert you choose to believe.

see: Cecil060.jpg

:D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts