The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What hotels are you guys staying in? We haven't booked yet and we need some info.

Matt

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Man, you're about 10 months too late...if you want to stay in Monterey you're going to be scraping the bottom of the barrel, quality-wise yet paying $$$ for the priviledge. The peninsula starts booking up a year in advance for the big August weekend.

IF you're lucky you'll be able to find some decent places in Salinas without paying three or four times what it's worth. If I were you though, I'd bite the bullet and stay in Santa Cruz (roughly a 45 minute drive from Monterey, depending of course on the traffic), where you would still be able to find a moderately priced room.

·
Mulholland>SCC
2,532 Posts
you could also try bed and breakfasts. We were there once Friday morning of MotoGP weekend and asked our waitress for help. She gave us the numbers to the closest bed and breakfasts and we found a room for the weekend. We also found a room at Lover's Point Inn for our friends. But everything was sold out by noon when we tried to find another room for someone else, lol.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
^ I've tried the B & B's in years past, the problem is that pretty much all of them have regular guests that go the same B & B every year that weekend, so they simply reserve for the next year as they're checking out.

Sometimes you can get lucky though (last minute cancellations). Couldn't hurt to get on a few waiting lists...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We usually stay in Salinas, I was just checking where everybody else was staying. If people are already staying at a hotel in Salinas then we'll go to that one.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
cool, I misinterpreted, sorry I'll try to relax a little ;)

I'm staying in the cannery row area, Holiday Inn Express.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Received my tickets yesterday for friday the 14th. The wife and I will roam the paddock and I want to see the Panamera in person(for work). The wife is trying to find a room for thursday night 13th. Do you think we will have luck?
She wants to stay at the tickle pink inn south of Carmel. I do like the name. rotfl

The Panamera Turbo hits 0-60 in under 4.0 secs and its a four door, I can't wait to drive it. The butt end is controversial for sure but I think it will be a really sweet ride in person.

·
Registered
807 Posts
if you get in dire straits, i can get you into the marriott in downtown but it will cost about six bens a night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts