The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
The last big trip with my 87 Turbo Esprit and a few Esprit/Triumph folks going to Monterey Car Week 2022. 8/19/2022

On car video recording of our trip down to Monterey and Pacific Grove, CA:

74 Triumph TR6
77 Lotus Esprit S1
84 Lotus Turbo Esprit
87 Lotus Turbo Esprit
Looks like the S1 was pulling off to side of road at :54?

·
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like the S1 was pulling off to side of road at :54?
Very sharp eyes! Yes - the S1 was apparently low on fuel and the incline on HWY 17 was causing it to stumble (fuel starvation). He was able to rejoin us about 15 mins later.
I have an outtakes 'reel' that I'm thinking of making public, but it's more of a 'behind the scenes' with loud background noises,etc.

·
Administrator
13,522 Posts
Very well done! Love the music combined with the sounds of multiple exhaust notes and....Lotus rattles lol

·
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very well done! Love the music combined with the sounds of multiple exhaust notes and....Lotus rattles lol
Yuck Yuck - only one car with remote audio recording but yes - the clanking of the shift linkage is very prominent (and the gear whine too).
Music - YouTube getting stricter on copyright music; some allow it without revenue, some don't allow at all.
So I just download the 'official' royalty-free YouTube music selections and pick out the most appropriate one.

·
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Out takes reel - showing Monterey Downtown and Cannery Row drive by, S1 and Turbo Esprits going up HWY 17, slow motion view of S1 pulling over side of road, Turbo Esprits, TR6, and SUV waiting summit for S1 to arrive, then continued trip.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts