The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes, we flew up a couple of years ago and had a great week. This time we are driving the Lotus up. We made reservations last night at the Days Inn in downtown Monterey. The first night is $109 then it jumps to $339 on Thursday. Rooms are just ok but there is good parking and we can walk to the auctions. We plan to go to the Historic Races, Tour d'Elegance, RM Auction and Concorso Italiano. We are open to more ideas. Are you going to sign up for the Lotus Corral? Chris

·
Registered
326 Posts
Paul,

I've also got reservations at the Days Inn close to downtown, on Abrego.

We haven't made the decision on whether it's going to be the whole family in the Tundra, or just me in the Lotus.

Either way, our reservations start on Thursday night.

Our plans include watching the tour go through Carmel, then Saturday and Sunday at the track. Maybe Concourso Italiano.

If it's just me in the Lotus, I'm up for a caravan Thursday if that works with your schedule.

If we take the Tundra, I could haul some stuff up there for you if your short on space.

We'll talk before then.

Mike

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am about mile from Ocean Avenue in Carmel. Good price (relatively speaking) on the accommodations. My plan this year is to go up early and try do some of the lower key events early in the week. I have heard the show in Carmel on Monday and Tuesday is fantastic and some have said the best event of the week. So my plan is to leave SD early Monday morning and take a fun route through Angeles Crest (never been on the route), then to stay the night around the half way point. Leave Tuesday morning for the drive up hwy 1 and arrive late morning or by noon in Carmel for the show. Not sure what is going on Wednesday other then the Jet center party. A little steep on the tickets so not sure. Thursday the Tour d' Elegance, Friday at the track (no Lotus corral for me as it's only on Saturday and Sunday)and then possibly start driving south on Saturday or maybe stay until Sunday. Of course an auction or two in the evening. There is the Baja Cantina event which I cannot remember if it's Thursday or Friday. Never been but, I want to try some different events this year and actually do less. After all, one could just sit outside a cafe in Carmel or Cannery Row and have an amazing show anytime during the week.

I know most people leave on Thursday or Friday but, I am hoping there may be some interest for the Monday morning start (5:00am). So far, two Lotus going from San Diego.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts