The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enclosed Montrose Trailer For Sale 2013
I am selling my Montrose trailer. The only reason I am selling it is due to recent surgery, I need to purchase a new Montrose with the "tilt" option. I cannot lift the ramps any longer. While not that heavy, they are more than the 25-30 pounds I am supposed to be limited to. Trailer is located in Buffalo NY. Trailer tows wonderful and "costs" about 3 mpg to tow. Tires are good. This trailer is in excess of $20,000 to purchase new today. $12,750. Montrose trailers hardly ever come up for sale. The reason is that they are great trailers. I honestly would not consider any other trailer.
18 foot
Aluminum Wheels
4 Wheel Electric Brakes
Doors on Both sides
Below deck Storage
All Aluminum.
Spare Tire
Winch and Battery Box
Exige graphic on the side and back, (Easily removable)
Small dent on front of trailer where my Elise hit it from the inside. Hardly any damage to the trailer, much more to the Elise.
Trailer today is essentially the same as it was in this YouTube Video. This is the exact trailer.
Contact me at tvacc*at*lotusowners*dot* you know where. or 716-861-1412

5.jpg

·
470 Posts
Five years younger and not awaiting replacement knees I would be all over this! GLWS!

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey,
Is this still for sale? Is the asking price $12,750? Also, what is the State that this is located? I'm located in SF, California.

·
Scott M
259 Posts
I can’t really speak for the seller, but I am certain he and the trailer are in the Buffalo NY area.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,
Trailer is in Buffalo NY. I sold my other Montrose about 2 years ago (it was a small full clam model) to a nice guy in New Mexico. He had a guy bring it to New Mexico from Buffalo that brings trailers back and forth from the coasts. I could get his phone number for you. I recall it was not that expensive. Why dont you give me a call. 716-861-1412

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw a couple of these trailers at Road America, WI. Well built. They are really a great solution.
yes, this is my second Montrose. I have had Trailex trailers, very nice as well. But with the Montrose, I really like the low profile and the doors (sides, front and back) which give you great access. Like I said in my post, I am only selling it to replace it with another Montrose that tilts to load a car. I just cannot risk getting another hernia. I have been warned by my docs. What I am going to miss is the below deck storage. You cannot get below deck storage with the tilt model as that is where the tilt mechanics are located.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
These are awesome.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These are awesome.
Yes, trailer is great. I am actually surprised it has not sold yet. Must just be the Coronovirus stuff going on now. This trailer is more than 20K new and they just keep towing great. Trailer is really nice to tow with.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have verbally agreed to sell the trailer. Waiting for payment or deposit. Will let everyone know if it does not happen or if status changes.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Trailer has been sold and is on its way to California. Left today. Thank you for all the interest. Montrose trailers are great. They hardly ever come up for sale. I am surprised it too that long to sell it. I could have sold 4 of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts