The Lotus Cars Community banner

61 - 80 of 173 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Gary,

Love your stuff. Do you have an option for a ramp door or plan to? I understand why you use the ramps, however out here in the southwest, grabbing and dealing with 2 very hot aluminum slugs when it is 110F and the ramps can fry an egg is less than fun. Having a ramp door option to eliminate the ramp shuffle would be interesting.

Thanks!
Paint them white. Helps quite a bit.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It looks really nice, but other drivers on the road might not appreciate the reflectivity either from the sun or driving behind at night - any thoughts on this aspect of the design?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
It looks really nice, but other drivers on the road might not appreciate the reflectivity either from the sun or driving behind at night - any thoughts on this aspect of the design?
These are custom made for customers. This is not any different than some of the semi trailers you see on the road.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #72

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Gary
In Europe I see many trailers that have smaller wheels (12" or 10") tucked in completely under the bed allowing the trailer to be much narrower, but I've never seen this is the US. This kind of trailer would be ideal for my situation as I could fit it in my garage with room to spare - something that's just possible with a standard width trailer. See here:

Trailer Range - Brian James Trailers

Is this something you'd ever consider manufacturing?

Regards
Paul

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Hi Gary
In Europe I see many trailers that have smaller wheels (12" or 10") tucked in completely under the bed allowing the trailer to be much narrower, but I've never seen this is the US. This kind of trailer would be ideal for my situation as I could fit it in my garage with room to spare - something that's just possible with a standard width trailer. See here:

Regards
Paul
Hi Paul,

We can custom make anything and we have some new things in the works. We will need a bit more info from you to make sure it will be compliant with any local regulations. Give us a call on our toll-free number.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
Hi Gary

Regards
Paul
Wow, this is totally sweet! Nice find... I'd be interested in something like this also. What are some of the drawbacks of having a relatively long, narrow trailer?

I use an Aluma 54"x10' for my offroad toys and I love how easy it is to maneuver around since it's so dang narrow. I would love having a single (Montrose) trailer that could tow the Exige as well as everything else I move around.

61 - 80 of 173 Posts