The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Things go downhill fast for cyclist arrested in Fort Worth

FORT WORTH — A 23-year-old bicyclist rode right into trouble this week after making an apparent smart-aleck remark.
According to a report, a police officer had detained five people on a curb after a traffic stop in the 3900 block of White Settlement Road when the cyclist rode by them about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday.
"Did y’all read them their rights first?" the cyclist said loudly as he pedaled past.
The remark drew the attention of the officer, who called for the cyclist to stop. "You don’t have a headlight on that bike," the officer said, according to the report.
Riding a bicycle without a headlight at night violates the Texas Transportation Code, the report states.
Things continued downhill when the cyclist ignored the officer and kept pedaling, prompting another officer to turn on his patrol car’s lights and chase the cyclist, the report states. Soon, another officer joined the pursuit.
The cyclist looked back at the pursuing officer, pedaled faster, hopped a curb, and rode through several driveways and yards. He stopped in the 3900 block of Monticello Drive, took off his backpack, threw his bike down and asked officers, "Why are y’all stopping me?"
The man was arrested on suspicion of evading arrest/detention.
But his troubles weren’t over.
According to the report, officers spotted the handle of a Glock pistol protruding from a mesh pocket on the man’s backpack. According to the report, the man has a concealed-handgun license. But because the gun was not concealed, he was also arrested on suspicion of unlawfully carrying a weapon by a license holder.
He was charged with both misdemeanors Thursday, court records show.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Moral of the story should not be "Keep your mouth shut". I thought talking was allowed in this country?!

The moral of the story should be "Some ego-centric cops think they are Gestapo!"

·
Registered
9,297 Posts
Man arrested for multiple counts of aggravated ignorance, film at eleven!
rotfl

·
Premium Member
11,995 Posts
rotfl

Rt 95 here is a "drug hwy". I also read local papers' crime reports sometimes.

I am surprised at how many ppl transporting drugs: Speed, have bulbs out, smoke dope in the car, run red lights, drive way too slowly, etc.

So...I guess it's true that drugs are bad for the brain....

THIS guy is a whole other level of stupid.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Cops can be asses, enforcing some awful laws...but they have a difficult, sh*tty job and still deserve respect, imho.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
He had the right to remain silent but not the ability to!rotfl

·
Registered
20 Posts
Cowtown police

Ya'll need to understand that the State Attorney General has had to reprimand the City Attorney in Ft. Worth recently, about his attempts to deny people the right to bear arms under the second amendment. The City Attorney has instructed the police to harass any CHL holder with whom they come in contact , because he personally believes the 2nd Amendment is not constitutional.

Police have been faking charges for some time now to hassle legal weapons carriers. Ft. Worth police have taken great pride in doing this, until the Texas Attorney General jumped in the middle of them.

Smarting off to a police officer is, however, never a good idea.

Bob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sounds to me like these cops are jerks. They are not serving or protecting. They are using their power in unnecessary aggressive manner. Cops like that have problems enforcing laws because their ego intrudes on the moment.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Moral of the story should not be "Keep your mouth shut". I thought talking was allowed in this country?!

The moral of the story should be "Some ego-centric cops think they are Gestapo!"
+1 :shrug:

Only sheep will cheer on the police for being jerks. People that have watched too many episodes of cops and are believing the hype . They are our servants, not our Gestapo masters. :sheep::sheep:

I bet the biker's gun was NOT showing and that was a lie too.

Oh well, what do you expect? - the San Fran Cop who murdered the guy in cold blood at the train station - shot him in the back while he was restrained on the floor face down -- ON VIDEO last month - is already out on the streets. Militarized and abusive to the citizenry, it ain't Mayberry RFD.

·
Registered
613 Posts

Not a surprise...

In college I used to ride the Trinity Trail near TCU all the time. I would head down a nice long hill near my apartment that had a 4 way stop at the end. I would hit 40 or so going down and would blow the stop if no one was coming. One day I hear the whoop of a cop car and sure enough one of Fort Worth's finest pulls me over on my bike.:no: The cop writes me a ticket for excessive speed in a park zone and running the stop sign. The judge threw them out, but it was humiliating sitting on the bike waiting on him to figure out what he could write me up for. He really acted like I had ruined his day.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts

^^^^ Exactly. :clap:

But yeah, make sure you've got some time and a good attorney on retainer if you're going to piss off people who can plant evidence that can land you in federal prison. :panic:

·
Registered
821 Posts
I've had my fair share of run-ins with ego strong cops. (Got arrested for "street racing myself" when a cop "heard me hauling ass".) Needless to say with the help of an attorney it was dismissed, but I still got to spend 14hrs in the slammer. I'm much too pretty to sit in jail. I of course didn't smart off until I was already in jail.

Anywho. its a bad idea to bring Police attention to yourself. IMHO they should be treated like a gang. avoid them.

·
Registered
126 Posts

Not a surprise...

In college I used to ride the Trinity Trail near TCU all the time. I would head down a nice long hill near my apartment that had a 4 way stop at the end. I would hit 40 or so going down and would blow the stop if no one was coming. One day I hear the whoop of a cop car and sure enough one of Fort Worth's finest pulls me over on my bike.:no: The cop writes me a ticket for excessive speed in a park zone and running the stop sign. The judge threw them out, but it was humiliating sitting on the bike waiting on him to figure out what he could write me up for. He really acted like I had ruined his day.
Don't take this personally here, but if you had REALLY looked both ways before blowing the stop sign, you probably would have seen the cop there. Running stop signs is actually a crime. I am perpetually amazed at how many people almost stop at stop signs, or just plain blow through them. Anyway, rant over.

:)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts