Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
248 lb-ft of torque. Not weak. :)

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
#1 Not confirmed

#2 190hp is "weak" too but still gets the elise to scamper to 60 in under 5 seconds and besides, that's not what Lotus is about.

#3 Be careful with their pricing estimates. subtract 16% VAT and remember that the US vehicles are cheaper than any of their counterparts elsewhere in the world.

Sometimes I wonder why I post anything..............:rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
True it's unconfirmed. They say they heard it from "their friends over at CAR."

I think Lotus knows under 300hp as previously promised will be a big disappointed to the US market especially this is suppose to compete with the base 911 segment.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Also realize that they're probably going to turbo or super it in later model years. Toyota V6's are known to do very well with forced induction.

I might be interested in one to sit next to the Elise some day - it is sounding better and better as the details come out. The longer wheelbase along with the handling you'll know it will have could respond really well to mods to increase HP.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Porsche Carrera S 355/3,100=.1145 HP/lb

Lotus Eagle 262/2,200=.119 HP/lb
it's not that simple, if weight was all that it took to sell cars, dealers wouldn't be sitting on new unsold 06s &7s. they need to up the build quality if you want to play in the big leagues you better bring a bat. carl

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
How are the cams and rockers in the Camry engine?

Was reading elsewhere that Toyota had to recall some trucks 'cause they were eating cams.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Still scratching my head on the "Eagle" moniker. Reminds me of the old AWD AMC cars of the '80s.

Lotus makes great driving toys / garage furniture. Inspired marketing? Not so much. :rolleyes:

Stanford

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
lotus should concentrate on relatively inexpensive sub 45k fun enthusiast cars. in that market people are more tolerant of some of the lotus kit car like workmanship. they don't have the following to go head to head with Porsche last time they were in that market they died. carl

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Still scratching my head on the "Eagle" moniker. Reminds me of the old AWD AMC cars of the '80s.

Lotus makes great driving toys / garage furniture. Inspired marketing? Not so much. :rolleyes:

Stanford
Just the code name. Real name is yet to be revealed.

·
Registered
91 Posts
it's not that simple, if weight was all that it took to sell cars, dealers wouldn't be sitting on new unsold 06s &7s. they need to up the build quality if you want to play in the big leagues you better bring a bat. carl
You made a comment about it being underpowered compared to the C2S which when comparing the power to weight ratio isn't true. As for build quality...? Has anyone seen/driven one yet to make such a comment?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
lotus should concentrate on relatively inexpensive sub 45k fun enthusiast cars. in that market people are more tolerant of some of the lotus kit car like workmanship. they don't have the following to go head to head with Porsche last time they were in that market they died. carl
I think the difference here is that they're going to share the architecture with their other cars. Apparently they'll be able to retool the factory very easily and cheaply to go from one to the other. They're also utilizing the parts bin of other mfg's.

·
Registered
50 Posts
...Apparently they'll be able to retool the factory very easily and cheaply to go from one to the other...
Retool the "factory" = give 15 Hethel Turnip Farmers a different glue gun & Snap-Together Model diagram...

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Before anyone takes a 2x4 to Lotus over build quality, remember the improvements that were mae with the Elise and Exige this year. Don't worry, the Eagle Projec will be there.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I assume HRM is taking deposits on these?

·
Registered
7,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
When I left I had established a waiting list. No deposits. Mark will have to decide what policy he will hold to regarding this.

I can still assist potential buyers if requested.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
no sense whatsoever in buying the first couple of years of their line as they ambush you with mega power upgrades.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts