The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Loves to talk
918 Posts
I think his comments are reassuring as regards Lotus' focus on sports cars. I'm inclined to give him the benefit of any doubt since the money to do this is allocated.

"We're a sports car brand, and we are developing a new sports car, which you'll see towards the end of next year," Popham said, noting that all future models will be engineered to meet the regulation standards of key markets such as the U.S.

Any promises or product plans discussed before Geely was involved are probably irrelevant.

Is it too soon to start speculating on what a new $100K sports car on a new platform might look like?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
If I had a dollar for every empty/broken promise Lotus' upper management has made in the last decade, I could trade that for an E400...

·
shay2nak
24,937 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yet another take - or updated from the word-Osterizer

I can't really tell if these are new articles, or they keep cutting and pasting the same quotes in different orders. In this article, Popham says we'll see the new car at the end of 2020, but it won't be on sale until 2021. Isn't that when the other new cars are supposed to debut?

Shay2nak, he does actually address the Lotus Carlton question. Obliquely.

https://europe.autonews.com/automakers/lotus-ceo-popham-plans-product-expansion

1 - 11 of 11 Posts