The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I have a chrome orange Elise, and have a Reverie CF diffuser without the holes to be used with the Euro grill replacement and a Larini SE exhaust. I am planning on putting on Cantrell Motor sports side skirts in black which run under sill from behind front wheel to in front of rear wheel (do a search on side skirts). I have grey, RAC Monolite wheels and black and white wheel badging. I am thinking of two graphics additions - one is like the side fade shown here, and the other is taking the darkest part of the side fade and having a solid panel of that color on the rear as in the photo of the 240 here.

I think you get the idea here - a little carbon fiber (in the diffuser), grey wheels, and subtle paint or vinyl wrap on the rear and side of the body. I am NOT a photoshop expert but tried to do a "superleggera" version on the Elise to see how that would look vs the larger fade into the side scoops).

Can a photoshop expert play around in modifying the side shot to put variations of the superleggera style on the direct side shot of the Elise (the one with the fade)? I'd love to see variations on this theme.

I got a price (in vinyl wrap) to do the two side panels and the rear panel (which would be three pieces, two inside the lightwells and one big one for balance of rear screen) from a really high quality shop but I'm kind of surprised how much they've quoted. I was thinking the beauty of the vinyl is that I can remove it if I don't like it, but that was before I got a price.

If anyone can photoshop the superleggera variant onto the direct side shot with different variations on that theme, I'd sure appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Two ideas

Here are two ideas I had. The Gimp-work is very rough, but should give you the idea. First of all, painting the back panel a contrasting color is great. I think a dark orange-red could work well against Chrome Orange. Here's an example (modified from your pic).

brownbutt.jpg

The other idea is borrowed from an early prototype of the Eagle. It had a matching vent behind the front wheel to form an ellipse from the two vents. Here I just drew in a dark curve (decal or whatever). I don't know how this would work in reality, but it looks good to me in profile.

ellipse-decal.jpg

Do I need to disclaim that I'm no artist? (-:

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very interesting ideas. I particularly like the "completion" of the oval idea. NEVER would have thought of that. I will play around with that idea.

Thanks so much

1 - 8 of 8 Posts