The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I removed the rear "LOTUS" tacky mylar chrome lettering in anticipation of a Euro rear badge.
I also removed the silver rubber on the rear edge of the diffuser, it may get satin black powder coated later today:p

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
perryeyges said:
I also removed the silver rubber on the rear edge of the diffuser...
that's there so you or anyone else doesn't cut themselves on the course edges. You may want to put those back if you like having fingers. :p

·
Registered
389 Posts
perryeyges said:
I removed the rear "LOTUS" tacky mylar chrome lettering in anticipation of a Euro rear badge.
The current Euro cars have the very same lettering the US cars do. Lotus switched from the lettering (original design for S2 cars) to the round Lotus badge as a cost cutting/time saving measure - the individual L O T U S letters were time consuming to line up straight. After people complained about the look of the front nose badge on the rear, they switched back to the original letters (I asked about the badge at the factory and that's what I was told). Funnily enough, if they had supplied the Fed cars with the round badge I would have retro-fitted the letters! I think the saying is "swings and roundabouts" or "each to their own" or something. :)

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Re: Re: More mods yet..

girlracer said:
Lotus switched from the lettering (original design for S2 cars) to the round Lotus badge as a cost cutting/time saving measure - the individual L O T U S letters were time consuming to line up straight. (I asked about the badge at the factory and that's what I was told).
Why dont they just print all the letters on one sheet that has some sort of backing on it, line up the sheet on the back of the car, peel off the backing and then all of the letters are already lined up and in place?

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
perryeyges

what color is your Elise?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Re: Re: Re: More mods yet..

xxxotic said:
Why dont they just print all the letters on one sheet that has some sort of backing on it, line up the sheet on the back of the car, peel off the backing and then all of the letters are already lined up and in place?
They probably do - still more time consuming that slapping a single badge on. Maybe someone has to then check the letters don't have too many bubbles in, and that it's all stuck down properly? :confused:

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Re: Re: Re: More mods yet..

xxxotic said:
I believe the problem would be all the wasted material that's cut out *between* the letters, thus raising the overall cost of the label set.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts