The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For those local to Houston who are looking to get more negative camber look no further than GHM / Gas Head Motorworks home. They were able to remove the parts, send them off to the machine shop for shaving, put everything back together and re-align the car for me. I'm now sporting 1.8 degrees of negative camber. My goal was 1.7-1.8 so things worked out perfectly.

Cost is around $580 for the works which isn't to bad since you really do not have to do anything yourself. I was lucky that the machine shop had time to do there part quickly and my car was turned around in one day. Ive been told it is rare for the machine shop to be able to turn things that quickly though.

I've only driven the car on the street so far and I was not able to tell a big difference, but I imagine the car will have a bit more front grip on the track. Im thinking initial turn in will be a bit better as well. I will report back again after my next track day.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was just so much easier to have Gas head do it for me. They got it done quick and aligned it for me afterwords.. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh how I wish I still had an alignment machine...I want to go yank my shims right now. but w/o the machine I'd terrified of what the camber change would do to the toe.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I've had 3 sets done and its $40 for the machining and 45min to R&R. if you add in a alignment for $120 and a hour labor @ $100 and a100% mark up on the machining you get 120+100+80=$300 is the number. but it is definitely worthwhile mod if you track carl

·
Registered
821 Posts
How much neg camber are most ppl able to achieve by just removing shims?

and then post-op?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much neg camber are most ppl able to achieve by just removing shims?

and then post-op?
Normally you can not achieve more than 1 degree of negative camber by removing the shims.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Oh how I wish I still had an alignment machine...I want to go yank my shims right now. but w/o the machine I'd terrified of what the camber change would do to the toe.
Pull the shims! Camber changes on these cars will not chaange toe. Very nice for making quick changes at the track.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
I've had 3 sets done and its $40 for the machining and 45min to R&R. if you add in a alignment for $120 and a hour labor @ $100 and a100% mark up on the machining you get 120+100+80=$300 is the number. but it is definitely worthwhile mod if you track carl
+1 :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
Pull the shims! Camber changes on these cars will not chaange toe. Very nice for making quick changes at the track.
REALLY NOW?

I may have to yank the fronts off tonight then.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Can someone confirm this? Alignment noob, here.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts