The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
While waiting for my car to be serviced today at LOA, I looked at all the Gallardos and they also had an SV Diablo (2001 w/2900 miles, I ask is that not a crime?)

Sweet rides, sadly I'll never have 190k for one. NOTE: The Gallardo has a gas guzzler tax of $5400, that's what put me off buying one:D I guess you have to be a 5000 pound hummer to get the gas guzzler exemption.
Chris

·
Registered
368 Posts
TIMAURO said:
Thats me on the left and the world famous (skinney man) Tom Skinner.
TIM,

Once again, since I seem to be following you around to different threads now, What is the story on the Ardent Red Elise? Dealer Demo? Customer Car? "Gift" car from Lotus? Whatever, is it for sale? If a customer car, does the customer plan to re-sell it? Please let me know, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Now I know the faces behind the voices on the phone! Hopefully I'll meet you in person SOON! (Isn't my #31 car due in late August?) :D

And sorry Lambo fans, but the Elise is a much more beautiful (and better handling!) car. You can't complain about bang-for-the-buck factor, either.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Re: Re: More pics

Later Apex said:
TIM,

Once again, since I seem to be following you around to different threads now, What is the story on the Ardent Red Elise? Dealer Demo? Customer Car? "Gift" car from Lotus? Whatever, is it for sale? If a customer car, does the customer plan to re-sell it? Please let me know, feel free to PM me.

Thanks,
!!!
Apex.... it's a customer car... don't you get it yet, it's been said in plain English?

Criswell = good guys

Gift cars = total bollocks... gift cars are just 'stolen' customer cars.... sheeesh.

:no:

·
Registered
739 Posts
Great to see Mr Skinner smiling!!! Hi Tom!

Thanks Tim, you made today a great day. BTW - I'll take one of those Gallardos off your hands if ya want... it's clear to me you need to make some room....

:clap:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Re: Re: Re: More pics

Paul MD said:
Apex.... it's a customer car... don't you get it yet, it's been said in plain English?

Criswell = good guys

Gift cars = total bollocks... gift cars are just 'stolen' customer cars.... sheeesh.

:no:
It didn't hurt to ask since this is the combo we are looking for for the charity BBBS event in September. I contacted Tim via email and told him that if his customer doesn't want the car or wants to resell it for our cause to let me know, otherwise I'll keep looking, but I don't see where there was any harm in asking just in case it was a delivery screw-up by the trucking company, etc.

·
Registered
539 Posts
maxxfish said:
And sorry Lambo fans, but the Elise is a much more beautiful (and better handling!) car. You can't complain about bang-for-the-buck factor, either.
Wow, I was just thinking how the Lambo manages to make the Elise look a bit silly. Unfortunately I don't see me ever being anywhere near Lambo ownership or maintenance, so it's not an issue. :)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Whats up with the woman in the first pic on the far right...got some afro hair going on.

Pleeeeeeease, it's Maryland, HWON!

·
Registered
637 Posts
TIMAURO said:
who would win?
Round a tight course, the elise would win by virtue of lower weight and A038's! (I noticed they are on your red car from the tread pattern in an earlier pic)

:)

Craigy

·
Formerly EliseIn2005
255 Posts
Met Tim...great guy!

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank Tim for graciously spending a few moments with me and my wife. I thought it was neat that the first time I've ever seen an Elise in person, my wife was there, too. Awwwww, special times. :)
He let me sit in the silver press car, which was great. Then, he showed us where the customer cars were being detailed, so we could check out a silver hardtop and an Ardent Red. One of them had the sports pack (in my state of hyperventilation, I failed to note which one). Anyway, also saw Tim Mullen's CO. I was there about 1030, and I figured he would have been long gone by then. Alas, he must have been on his way... They all looked fantastic!!!
If I weren't moving to Texas presumably in May 05, I would have had no regrets placing a deposit with Criswell. They're all good people. But, since I'm not going to be here next year, I have a deposit with Autostrada. I'll get my testdrive hopefully when I go down there this month.
Thanks again Tim!,
Cameron (and Joyce) Swift

·
Registered
739 Posts
Ya know I just hope those lying, cheating dealers and the ones that come on this forum to justify their greedy dealing take note of the effect Tim/Tom at Criswell have had on the place.

Thank you notes, glowing reports and superlatives abound... ya know... there might just be some benefit in being honest! (no sh*t Sherlock)

Scumbags... you know who you are, read it and weep.

Impressed.

:clap:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts