The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
738 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else they in the last picture, they aren't wearing shoes? I like to drive that way, but it seems a bit dangerous to walk out on the streets without at least sandals.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,941 Posts
You drive without shoes? Man, I could never, ever drive without shoes. I need the flat, broad plane of a singularly grippy surface in order to feel comfortable with the pedals. Without shoes, I become hyper-aware of my toes, and the arches of my feet.

Who else likes to drive without shoes?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
usofrob said:
Does it seem odd to anyone else they in the last picture, they aren't wearing shoes? I like to drive that way, but it seems a bit dangerous to walk out on the streets without at least sandals.
Yeah, same here. But he is in ******* country so maybe that "concept" of "shoes" is just for them city folk.
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
25,083 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
Who else likes to drive without shoes?
right here! I hate driving with shoes. They are big & bulky. Plus it's more comfortable. It's a lot easier for me to use the pedals quickly because i can bend my feet and slide them off the pedals.
 

·
Old Dude
2005 Lotus Elise touring, hard top, Starshield
Joined
·
1,325 Posts
hate driving with shoes on - in fact, I believe it's illegal here in Kentucky LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,270 Posts
Frankly it's much easier for me to heel/toe without shoes.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
You drive without shoes? Man, I could never, ever drive without shoes. I need the flat, broad plane of a singularly grippy surface in order to feel comfortable with the pedals. Without shoes, I become hyper-aware of my toes, and the arches of my feet.

Who else likes to drive without shoes?
I was taught to drive without shoes. It's a whole lot easier working out where pedals are, and where the bite is on the clutch, without the interference of soles. (Thats what the instructor said anyways ..).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,684 Posts
your instructor had a foot fetish. that instructor- wood for sure seeing babak's feet
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
25,083 Posts
sonza68 said:
Back on the topic of the cars, is that Graphite Gray?
I'm sure it is. Doesn't look good there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
huggy bear said:
What's the reasoning behind "driving without shoes is illegal"?
Urban Myth. It's not illegal in any state - although a lot of people (including police officers) believe it is. I even had a police officer teaching my driver's training class in high school (in the late 60s tell us it was illegal. I challenged him to show me the law as I handed him the Vehicle Code Book. He couldn't show me the law. He wasn't happy. Not the smartest thing for a 16 year old to do to the local cop...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
29,081 Posts
On the RoadTrip (tm) I was pulled over by some officers (they only wanted to talk about the car. :rolleyes:

But I was barefoot at the time. The one guy said "hey.. you don't have shoes on." I was very concerned they would make a big deal of that.
 

·
shay2nak
Joined
·
25,083 Posts
my friend told me about this yesterday and i told him it was bullsh*t. He was wondering why it took me so long to get out of the car. I was putting my shoes back on and that's what he told me. I told him if a cop gave me a ticket for driving without shoes, I would slap the officer like Zsa Zsa Gabor. LOL!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Randy Chase said:
On the RoadTrip (tm) I was pulled over by some officers (they only wanted to talk about the car. :rolleyes:

But I was barefoot at the time. The one guy said "hey.. you don't have shoes on." I was very concerned they would make a big deal of that.
Just take your pants off. Then they won't notice you're barefoot ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,607 Posts
Gromit said:
Just take your pants off. Then they won't notice you're barefoot ...
I saw something similar on cops once. Also based on what Ive seen on COPS if you're a male truck driver dressed as a female hooker the cops will forget they caught you speeding.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
758 Posts
Zoomz - Just a guess: I use the white thingy (but mine is blue) to remove bubbles from vinyl decals. So maybe they're doing the same there ? Only Randy know for sure though :p

OneFastMiata - What kinda class of hooker are we talking about ? I need to know what sort of dress I should get :D
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top