The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Does it seem odd to anyone else they in the last picture, they aren't wearing shoes? I like to drive that way, but it seems a bit dangerous to walk out on the streets without at least sandals.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
You drive without shoes? Man, I could never, ever drive without shoes. I need the flat, broad plane of a singularly grippy surface in order to feel comfortable with the pedals. Without shoes, I become hyper-aware of my toes, and the arches of my feet.

Who else likes to drive without shoes?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
usofrob said:
Does it seem odd to anyone else they in the last picture, they aren't wearing shoes? I like to drive that way, but it seems a bit dangerous to walk out on the streets without at least sandals.
Yeah, same here. But he is in redneck country so maybe that "concept" of "shoes" is just for them city folk.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
right here! I hate driving with shoes. They are big & bulky. Plus it's more comfortable. It's a lot easier for me to use the pedals quickly because i can bend my feet and slide them off the pedals.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
hate driving with shoes on - in fact, I believe it's illegal here in Kentucky LOL

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Frankly it's much easier for me to heel/toe without shoes.

·
Registered
758 Posts
JonM3Coupe said:
You drive without shoes? Man, I could never, ever drive without shoes. I need the flat, broad plane of a singularly grippy surface in order to feel comfortable with the pedals. Without shoes, I become hyper-aware of my toes, and the arches of my feet.

I was taught to drive without shoes. It's a whole lot easier working out where pedals are, and where the bite is on the clutch, without the interference of soles. (Thats what the instructor said anyways ..).

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
your instructor had a foot fetish. that instructor- wood for sure seeing babak's feet

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
sonza68 said:
Back on the topic of the cars, is that Graphite Gray?
I'm sure it is. Doesn't look good there.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
huggy bear said:
What's the reasoning behind "driving without shoes is illegal"?
Urban Myth. It's not illegal in any state - although a lot of people (including police officers) believe it is. I even had a police officer teaching my driver's training class in high school (in the late 60s tell us it was illegal. I challenged him to show me the law as I handed him the Vehicle Code Book. He couldn't show me the law. He wasn't happy. Not the smartest thing for a 16 year old to do to the local cop...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
On the RoadTrip (tm) I was pulled over by some officers (they only wanted to talk about the car. :rolleyes:

But I was barefoot at the time. The one guy said "hey.. you don't have shoes on." I was very concerned they would make a big deal of that.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
my friend told me about this yesterday and i told him it was bullsh*t. He was wondering why it took me so long to get out of the car. I was putting my shoes back on and that's what he told me. I told him if a cop gave me a ticket for driving without shoes, I would slap the officer like Zsa Zsa Gabor. LOL!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Randy Chase said:
On the RoadTrip (tm) I was pulled over by some officers (they only wanted to talk about the car. :rolleyes:

But I was barefoot at the time. The one guy said "hey.. you don't have shoes on." I was very concerned they would make a big deal of that.
Just take your pants off. Then they won't notice you're barefoot ...

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Gromit said:
Just take your pants off. Then they won't notice you're barefoot ...
I saw something similar on cops once. Also based on what Ive seen on COPS if you're a male truck driver dressed as a female hooker the cops will forget they caught you speeding.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Zoomz - Just a guess: I use the white thingy (but mine is blue) to remove bubbles from vinyl decals. So maybe they're doing the same there ? Only Randy know for sure though :p

OneFastMiata - What kinda class of hooker are we talking about ? I need to know what sort of dress I should get :D

1 - 20 of 30 Posts