The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2002 Esprit V8. The first option that I considered was the final run of springs and shock off the 04 model. I also considered the setup from the lotus damper program and between the 2 options the 04 seems to be the higher quality package. The problem is the fact that it is more than twice the price. I live in Canada and was quoted $1200 per shock from the Lotus dealer in Vancouver and 355 per spring. This brings me to a total of $6220. After talking to the dealer more I got him down to a price of $5600 for the package. I was also quoted $778 per shock and $270 per spring by JAE but they won't sell directly to me because I live in Canada and by the time that the guy that they sell to here gets them he and sells them to me I'm back up to 1080 per shock and 320 per spring. I have no problem spending that kind of money on quality parts. However, when looking into things further I discovered that I am getting pretty close to the price of Ohlins and Moton shocks and for a few extra bucks give or take. I think that might be the better road to go down. The Ohlins dealer that I talked to said that he can make me up a set of fully adjustable shocks for between 4-6k including springs. However, he said that he might need examples of my shocks to make the new ones because he doesn't have anything listed for the Esprit and they would be custom made. The Moton dealer that I talked to said that Moton had a kit for the Esprit he could do for around $5500 with out springs. The problem there is that he wasn't very helpful when it came to picking out springs.

I would like to know if anyone has put either Ohlins or Moton shocks on their Esprit. If so any info you can give me regarding spring selection and pics of where the reservoirs were mounted would be greatly appreciated. Or if any one knows where a guy in Canada can get a set of the final run of Bilstein’s for a more reasonable price that would be very helpful too. To tell you the truth I am kind of scared going with either Moton or Ohlins packages because there is allot more unknowns such as picking the right springs and in the case of the Ohlins the whole thing is custom. With the Bilstein package I know it’s going to work because Lotus designed it, but I feel like I'm getting hosed with the price.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts