The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Uploaded the flyers I deluged Clyde with at the WCLM as part of my campaign to get a white elise.

Warning these are large (2-3 mb files) that are suitable for printing and definitely inappropriate viewing material for folks who don't like white elises :D

Larry

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I would have definitely gone with white and green stripes if it was offered. Too late for me now, but maybe for my exige:D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I love the white/green stripe look, it's got a very classical racing feel.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I don't understand why any one would even consider White when you can choose Chrome Orange... :wave:

Tim Mullen

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Elises and Exiges in white are an abomination and should be resprayed ASAP.

Then again I find silver Elises to be unspeakably boring to look at too...

All IMHO of course :p

Bye, Arno.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
It's interesting how color specific some car designs are. I really like my M3 in white. But I look at the new BMW 545 and it is almost tolerable in black but is vomitous in white. My view is that the Elise is just not a good car design in white, it needs lots of color. Any Ferrari in white should not be brought out in public, Vipers look good in white.
Oh well thank goodness for different tastes otherwise we would all have the same color.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Arno said:
Silver is a boring color in general.

I had a silver car for a while, got bored of it very quickly and hated looking at it for 11 out of the 12 months I owned it.

The silver Elise I saw at the 2003 Chicago auto show was very dull looking... definitely not a color that fits the car.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I am in for white - it would look really good with just about any color stripes as well. Red, Navy blue, green, black.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Arno said:
Elises and Exiges in white are an abomination and should be resprayed ASAP.

All IMHO of course :p

Bye, Arno.
Scandal green is becoming more popular...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,105 Posts
I saw some white 111Rs and Exiges @ Hethel in March. They looked pretty cool. The wacky/sharp edges of these cars work fine with white.

My 993 was white and it looked like a boring bar of soap. Some cars can't pull it off. I think cars with large details like wings, scoops, etc seem to be able to pull it off (GT2 or GT3, etc). Smooth aero shapes seem to lack the surface detail needed to add the requisite excitement.

Some stripes on a white Elise would be very cool. Especially if they were CO! :D

Good luck Larry, I hope you get your color!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
shinoo said:
Some stripes on a white Elise would be very cool. Especially if they were CO! :D

Good luck Larry, I hope you get your color!!!
Thanks Shinoo :)

Actually looking forward to putting some "tasty bits" of british racing green on a white elise, but it won't wind up looking like any of the existing striped elises ;)

Larry

PS
Looking forward to seeing your wheels on some elises in the near future!!! The example really looked great.

PPS
Chrome orange is indeed a fantastic color!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts