The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've now passed the 10 year mark for the Lotus convertible being right around the corner. As prices for the 430 GT are hitting in the $120k area, if a roadster ever appears - and it's something larger than an Elise - it'll be $135k, $150k? with all the bells and whistles, I've been looking more seriously at the second-most-wanted-car I had since growing up, (well, third after Bristol, but that's a whole other story) and there's somewhat more availability since regulations permitted the sale of certain low-volume cars.

While only the 3 Wheeler is available new, there's also more availability of used Morgans. Most have Ford engines, so not as concerned as I'd otherwise be about the mechanicals. Prices are all over the place, of course, based on age and model, but many also have low mileage.

Any Morgan owners here that can comment on living with one? Interested in more recent models, so '80s and 90s. Although I can drive my 400 every day, in 20 months, I'm only just over 4k miles, and I only had around 7,000 miles in 3 years on my previous S, so I'm not overly concerned about whether you can/can't drive it in all weather.

·
Hickory, NC
984 Posts
Not an owner but I have worked on some and they are great little cars. A few owners here in Hickory and surrounding areas. One guy in particular has 4-5 of them. 3 wheelers are super cool but I didn’t know they are still made new. I thought it was just +4’s.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
You may want to watch JayEmm video on driving old-style Morgans. Then, consider if you like where your kidneys are now or would prefer that they move.

He also drives a new Morgan; much better; not cheap.

·
`08 Elise-SC-220
519 Posts
@glb , RE: "He also drives a new Morgan; much better; not cheap. "
A couple of Drivetribe video's on Youtube by Richard Hammond on his new Morgan.

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,897 Posts
I didn't notice the car going over any bumps in Hammond's video.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts