The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a morimoto HID kit with the HD relay? I'm a bit lost and need some direction.

Can I still use the leads going to the old bulb, or do I just need to roll them back and move on?

Where did you find ground and 12V power for the bulbs? Again, can I use the stock wiring or do I need to run a new line from the battery?

Lastly, the harness says has 2 blades as the "Input from car" but no direction on what to do with them. Do I need to find the lead from the switch?

I'm about 5 minutes away from returning the whole thing and getting a ddm kit which looks infinitely easier to install.

Thanks
-- Steve

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Has anyone installed a morimoto HID kit with the HD relay? I'm a bit lost and need some direction.

Can I still use the leads going to the old bulb, or do I just need to roll them back and move on?

Where did you find ground and 12V power for the bulbs? Again, can I use the stock wiring or do I need to run a new line from the battery?

Lastly, the harness says has 2 blades as the "Input from car" but no direction on what to do with them. Do I need to find the lead from the switch?

I'm about 5 minutes away from returning the whole thing and getting a ddm kit which looks infinitely easier to install.

Thanks
-- Steve

Sorry to say but you need the canbus wiring instead of the HD relay. I made the same mistake. You can try running it without either. Their new DSP unit has higher voltage rating so you may be able to get away with it. The hd relay isn't long enough anyways to work with our cars.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
BTW their wiring isn't plug and play for our cars. The two wires that run to the lights don't have the correct size fitting. You either have to dremel it down to fit the oem receptical or have the correct recptical from another brand of HID. I had the DDM and reused their wiring. The DDM was plug and play for me. To compare the two....go with DDM.

Btw if you need help, PM me and I'll shoot you my number and I can walk you through it.

Btw I won't say that my DDM was easier to install, rather it had the correct fittings to make it work plug n play style.

·
Premium Member
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nessal, thanks man, I think I'm going to pull these and just get the DDMs. Can I ask you which options you selected for DDM?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts