The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have some Moroso Oil pans on sale for till they are gone. $449.00 please call to order. 925-371-2288

Both the Toyota 1ZZ and 2ZZ engines have oil system issues. What that means to you is if you run your car hard, especially around corners on sticky tires, there's a chance you'll have oil pickup problems or get the oil too hot. The result is usually a spun rod bearing or even an exploded oil pump.

The solution is here. This fabricated oil pan tackles all of these problems individually. First, to help handle heat the oil capacity is increased to 6 quarts and the entire pan is made of aluminum, which effectively pulls some heat out of the oil. You road course guys may still need a small oil cooler for extreme track duty but most will find their oil temps are much cooler than before. Additionally, the large capacity and the internal baffling with trap doors keeps a steady supply of oil around the pickup even when you corner on race tires. No more oil starvation.

The icing on the cake is that we have equipped this pan with both a bung for turbo oil return and a bung for an oil temperature sensor. Forget the headaches of trying to weld, drill, and tap a bung on to your puny stock steel oil pan.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Do you happen to know if the drain plug is the same as the stock pan? Was wanting to get a quick drain plug so I don't have to worry about stripping out those aluminum threads when changing the oil.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Is this an item you have in stock? Your website still shows thye price as $499.00 are you going to adjust this on the site?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I've read the various threads on leaking issues. Seems like it could have been limited to some batches (mixed opinions). Are these new stock or old stock?

Since you guys are discontinuing...is there a new product you are going to be offering to help solve the starvation issues?

·
Registered
455 Posts
a bung for an oil temperature sensor. Forget the headaches of trying to weld, drill, and tap a bung on to your puny stock steel oil pan.
Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I'm new to the whole Lotus thing but doesn't the car come stock with oil temp on the dash? Does the stock oil pan have a bung that is typically lost when installing the Moroso causing you to not have the oil temp on the dash or do some people like run a separate oil temp gauge?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Forgive me if this is a dumb question as I'm new to the whole Lotus thing but doesn't the car come stock with oil temp on the dash? Does the stock oil pan have a bung that is typically lost when installing the Moroso causing you to not have the oil temp on the dash or do some people like run a separate oil temp gauge?
Water temp on dash, not oil temp. You'll need a seperate gauge and sender for oil temp.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you happen to know if the drain plug is the same as the stock pan? Was wanting to get a quick drain plug so I don't have to worry about stripping out those aluminum threads when changing the oil.

No that will not work on the Moroso, only what comes with the pan.

·
Banned
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've read the various threads on leaking issues. Seems like it could have been limited to some batches (mixed opinions). Are these new stock or old stock?

Since you guys are discontinuing...is there a new product you are going to be offering to help solve the starvation issues?
Delivered to us late December,, new inventory.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you still have these at $449? If you do I would like to order one. Email me at [email protected]
Troy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Are these still available - I would be interested

Thanks -

1 - 14 of 14 Posts