The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please include percentages, sides and rear, along with a photos you may have to share. I am looking to get my windows done to look sharp, block some of this AZ heat, and protect my interior from any UV damage. I think tinting the windshield may be legal now in AZ, something like 97%? Thanks guys, -JD
PS. I have a Mag Blue and was thinking 35% on the sides and rear.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where in AZ?
IM thinking of doing the same. Summer hit hard and fast down here. Haven't heard anything about windshield tint either.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
In Cali, its illegal to have any tint on the front windows. So, i got some clear window film which blocks out 99% of UV rays instead.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Go legal limit on side and rear windows. In most states, you can't tint the windshield without a doctor's note (the doctor can recommend some tinting to the front to help patients with migraines or some vision issues with glare). I tinted a strip along the top of the windshield (about 8 to 9 inches from the top) and that helped cut out some heat and make up for the smallish visors.

By tinting darker than the legal limit, you invite an extra fine if you ever get pulled over.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
97% is very very light, I think it's only for the purpose of less heat and UV. I think 35% (the limit) is best as well. I'm in tempe, ASU!!!

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
The percentage is how much light it lets through, not how much it blocks...

I've got 18% on mine. Everyone likes to look at the car anyway, so it's nice to have a little privacy if I want.

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
The percentage is how much light it lets through, not how much it blocks...

I've got 18% on mine. Everyone likes to look at the car anyway, so it's nice to have a little privacy if I want.
18% :eek:
How do you park at night? oh... no parallel parking... :thwack: my bad.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
My window sticker stated "tinted glass" as a standard feature...I'm not so sure there is any tinting on the windows...

Amarao, that looks great, I wish California was not so strict on tinting.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Thanks. I only did the side windows since the rear isn't that visible and without a rearview mirror I won't get blinded. Is this common amongst Exige owners? Sorry to derail a bit.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
97% ?!?!?!?! :eek: :panic:
Tinting percentages go by how much light is let through. 97% means that it's only blocking 3% of the light. You would barely be able to notice it.

It depends on the color of your car, but I think 20% is a good number.

I usually do 35% on my front windows and 20% on the rear with a high quality tint. I had 20% up front and 5% (limo tint) on the rear of my BMW and it was too dark :shrug:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Thanks. I only did the side windows since the rear isn't that visible and without a rearview mirror I won't get blinded. Is this common amongst Exige owners? Sorry to derail a bit.
In California we can tint the back and side back (on other cars), but I barely see light through my rear window...definitely not a tint required area. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts