The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I'm running a Fujita CAI + FF street header + hi-flo cat + Stage II exhaust and...

I LOVE IT! :evil:

It is soooooo wicked, especially on cam! I particularly love the low tone of the exhaust and the SCREAM of the intake above 5,750 rpm. Regular freeway driving, off the 2nd cam, is actually quite livable and not too bad. Track driving though is going to start requiring that I wear earplugs (it is so loud that I can't hold a conversation with a passenger when I'm on cam, even with a chatterbox system! :eek:). It is pretty cool (provided I don't run any tracks with "noise" limits). I really like that the juvenile factor is easily controlled as a function of RPM and throttle position.

My question is... How much louder / juvenile will it sound with the cat bypass swapped in (I still haven't found one though)? I'm hoping it is a noticeable difference.

Also, are there any other exhausts that would sound louder? I understand the Arqray has a higher pitched scream? I'm bummed to have missed LOG in Aspen (3.5 hours from my home town) last year as I'm sure that every exhaust permutation was on hand. Damn.

I am also running Charlie Xs ECU programming to account for the CAI, FF Header and hi-flo cat / bypass and man the thing smells of a rich running condition something FIERCE. How much worse will it be with the cat bypass? It is giving me a headache as it is! I wonder if I'll be able to pass emissions with this setup? Still though... LOVE IT! Man, does it ever sound wicked cooool.:cool:

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Frank!how are you??? When will you show me your fantastc car ????
I'd like to hear the low tone of your exhaust ..............
unfortunately my car's exhaust is very very very quite...I hate it.......do you rember my "super car"???

·
Registered
749 Posts
Did Charlie tune your car too? Or did you have it done locally? Or just the reflash? Any dyno numbers?

Any sound clips of your setup? Sounds on the wild side....would be interested to hear.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Frank, sounds like you're on the right track. Your setup is not much different from what I had. FWIW, a decat will equate to about 3dB in-cabin at WOT.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought I heard some thunder here in Arkansas. Guess it was you
So... checked it today. 102 db in the cabin. Hardtop on, windows down, or... up! Still registered 102 db.

Hey Frank!how are you??? When will you show me your fantastc car ????
I'd like to hear the low tone of your exhaust ..............
Please be 18, and female, please be 18 and female. ;)

Did Charlie tune your car too? Or did you have it done locally? Or just the reflash? Any dyno numbers?
Yes, Charlie tuned the ECU for the CAI, hi-flo cat / no cat, and the lower cam changeover. Like I said, I LOVE IT!:nanner: The really odd thing is that I just started getting DTC P0171 System Too Lean (Bank 1). Which is odd as I I've run the CAI for ~7,000 miles and never had this DTC. WTF mate? Given the smell of the exhaust, and the ensuing headache, I CAN'T imagine this bee-otch is runnin' lean.

I am so jealous. I love LOUD. Make a video please ...

Just looked at your pics - what a cool looking beast, now even more jealous.
You mean like this...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/39BT0gPGghA"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/39BT0gPGghA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

Or this?

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/v7UHNyCKhDc"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/v7UHNyCKhDc" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

FWIW, laptop speakers don't generate the 102 db needed to "cum on feel the noize!"

·
Registered
294 Posts
looks great, what is the color of your stripes? I have storm titanium but I think those stripes will look great on mine as well.

Also did you notice a big sound increase or power with the headers? not sure If I should spend the money. I have the larini sports, fujita, larini decat and it is just as loud on cam, I really need to make a video

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
looks great, what is the color of your stripes? I have storm titanium but I think those stripes will look great on mine as well.

Also did you notice a big sound increase or power with the headers? not sure If I should spend the money. I have the larini sports, fujita, larini decat and it is just as loud on cam, I really need to make a video
I have matt silver stripes.

I noticed a pretty considerable increase in sound with the header & hi-flo cat. More growl. A friend was working turn 8 of a 10 turn 2.2 mile road course and when I asked if they could hear my car the response was a resounding "Yes! I can hear it when you get on the gas, no matter where it is on the track." As a matter of fact, I won "Cool Car of the Day" at the last BMW CCA event I ran it at. I think because of the exhaust and the "Thanks Workers!" decal on the back.

Power? I haven't noticed anything from a seat of the pants perspective. The main reason I went with it was for the easily swapped cat / bypass (although I still dont have the bypass from FF :mad:). As such, I'd probably say you're good w/o it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts