The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Actually, from my perspective it is very cool that the oil change is a bit of a job. When you have to remove the bottom of the car to gain access to the filter and drain plug - you really feel like you have accomplished something.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
The Elise is the only car where you can change the oil & filter and not have one drip hit the floor or underside of the car, if that's not simple, nothing is.

·
...call me a space cowboy
252 Posts

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
Once you've done it a couple times it's really not bad. Rhino ramps and a small electric screwdriver and it's pretty straight forward. The jack helper is quite useful too.

And it's good to get under there and check things out from time to time anyway.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
AWESOME Video!!! :clap:

·
Registered
945 Posts
Love that video - that's overcoming adversity right there.

As for the oil change, most cars I've seen from the last 6-8 years have some kind of aero/drip catcher undertray you have to take off to do the job.

I actually think the Elise oil change is the easiest of my cars: no need to touch the dirty filter material to pull it over o-rings like the Mercedes cartridge system and the filter isn't pointing sideways and hidden deep in the wheel well like on my 4runner.

The Elise airbox on the other hand... :panic:

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
...... would a appreciate a proper subject line.

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
hmmmmm, still bitch!n'
You bet. I've been bitching about contentless subject lines on the Internet since 1987 and I am unlikely to stop now.

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
Bitchin' is sort of our hobby here...we love to do it because we have a problem with our cars - but we all know if your biggest problem you have in life is with your car...well... you don't really have any problems.

·
Registered
05 Elise BRP sport touring SC
69 Posts
I don't know what people are complaining about. The fact that I can just drive up onto the ramps is wonderful! I certainly can't do that with my dually. Removing the cover is just time consuming but still not hard. I'm sure if a girl can do it you big strong men should be able to handle it with a blindfold on. ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
hmmmmm, still bitch!n' rotfl
life is hard
^ This sounds like bitch!n.

I don't think I've ever read a post on this forum where anyone complained about how difficult it is to change their oil. :shrug:

Very inspiring video though. Thanks for sharing that with us.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
wow.

Love the impala.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts