Premium Member
26,313 Posts
How about these guys instead?

Article Courtesy of Motor Trend

Tuner: 2005 Forced Fed Lotus Elise
Turbo power + insane grip = a 1.04g whiz
By John Kiewicz
Motor Trend, June 2005

Light weight, strong power, and outstanding grip are key elements for a competitive race car. Lotus's new (for North America, that is) 190-horse Elise melds those traits with a license plate and daily-driver reliability. At our test track, a stock Elise put down some of the strongest performance figures we've achieved with an OEM-certified street car; a lot of credit goes to the fact that it weighs just 1945 pounds. But due to its micro size, you'll be staring up at everything that passes by, Minis included. On the track, however, few can touch it--except a tuned and turbo'd Elise from Forced Fed.

Well known for its Mitsubishi Evolution and Subaru WRX/STI performance packages, Forced Fed now offers a complete forced-induction setup for the Elise. Opting for the $7995 Sport 275 package nets 85 more horsepower thanks to 7psi boost, courtesy of a Garrett GT28R ball-bearing turbocharger. For more repeatable power, a Spearco intercooler lowers the charge temp before it's routed into the Elise's I-4. A custom intake manifold, a host of handmade pipework, oversize fuel injectors, and proprietary computer-programming team to crank the most out of the 1.8-liter Toyota engine as it buzzes to 8500 rpm. For added reliability, a larger-capacity oil pan with internal baffles and an engine-restraint system have been added. Forced Fed also adds a mandrel-bent three-inch downpipe that funnels to a T-304 stainless-steel exhaust system. At idle, this ripped and fueled Elise is mellow, but once on boost, the whining turbo tells everyone this is no stocker.

Turbo spool-up is quick with little to no lag, yet the mods do a lot to heighten the Elise's soft low-to-mid-range torque curve. While the stock I-4 doesn't generate grins until 6200 rpm (when the variable cams kick in), the Forced Fed turbo system is charging hard by 3500 rpm. Results? How about a 12.5-second quarter mile teamed with far better low-rpm passing power on the street?

A bone-stock Elise delivers Porsche Turbo-beating handling, but Forced Fed ups that game, too. Ohlins double-adjustable coil-over shocks ($2400) deliver a smoother ride than stock yet keep the SSR 17x7.5-inch forged-aluminum wheels ($1600) and Toyo Proxes R888 ($800) tires tracking better as the Elise devours the 600-foot slalom with a 73.7-mph speed. For comparison, a Ferrari Enzo runs the cones at 71.0 mph and is more knife-edged doing so. Another attractive notion with the Forced Fed Elise is that--save for the race-issue wheels/tires--it looks bone stock. Lifting the rear hood reveals a near-factory-issue-appearing powerplant.

'05 Forced Fed Elise
Power/torque 275 hp/200 lb-ft
0-60 mph 4.0 sec
Quarter mile 12.5 @ 110.5
Braking, 60-0 105 ft
600-ft slalom 73.7 mph
Lateral acceleration 1.04 g

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
No offense to anyone, but I cannot bear that site. Very immature. Well, that's how it was a while ago. Don't know if it's changed.
its different, not immature, imo.

LT is like a catholic school in the suburbs, MM is like public school in the inner city. both are here to educate, one does so with a uniform and rules, if you dont follow them your expelled. the other, with a sharp tongue, duck tape, and louder, with only rules enough to keep chaos from breaking out .

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Here's one of his posts from moremonkey.com

Re: Ronin 4.5 Turbo
by Ronin on Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:57 pm

I know we'll come up with a killer setup and the price won't be anywhere near the Forcedfed kit......external wastegate only for me..... Whatever we come up with will be available for you guys....again I'm not in this for the money just the fun..

Smaay has put dowm over 550rwhp withn his 2ZZ, I'm not tryin for that but a nice 450 rwhp would be cool..

I'll see how much power this ****box can handle in the canyons.......The beauty is if it's too much you just dial it back

You just gotta know how to use your right foot.

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
if i recall last dyno it was around 300RWHP, there are turbo cars out there with a higher HP number though, hopefully his will soon be one of them, should be tuning it this week.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Mine puts down 275rwhp on 91 octane and 300 rwhp on 100 octane. Very conservative tune though for a built 2ZZ engine, 12 psi on the 91 octane map and 15 psi on the 100 octane. Not the most powerful Elise but it's up there. So far it's been very reliable for regular street use, I was daily driving the car for 5 months.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Mine puts down 275rwhp on 91 octane and 300 rwhp on 100 octane. Very conservative tune though for a built 2ZZ engine, 12 psi on the 91 octane map and 15 psi on the 100 octane. Not the most powerful Elise but it's up there.
275 rwhp!

Nice...:D

·
Registered
222 Posts
I would estimate I am putting down 335-340hp to the wheels. Last dyno read 324 whp @ 15 PSI. Since then have corrected an exhaust leak, minor tuning change, and 16 PSI.

Just dropped the car off @ the shop to break the 400 barrier.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I know there's crazy ass Celicas out there, but I'm specifically interested in the Elise/Exige..

That's a CRAZY looking powerband on that Celica though!!!
If by crazy you mean not drivable except in a straight line......you would be correct rotfl

1 - 20 of 62 Posts