The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing the previous post regarding production numbers, I was wondering what might be the most sought after stock model. Would it be the rarest like 2010, a special edition, a special color, SC or maybe a more affordable older well maintained 2005 model?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I don't have an answer for you but in real life I rarely see a 2010-11 Elise or Exige on the road. I see some 2005-2008 models every so often. I also don't see a lot of Exiges at all, mostly Elise.

Reactions: Johnny DemonT

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise
1,110 Posts
Yeah, in 15 years, I've only seen a handful in the wild excluding car shows and meet ups...

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
I think the rarest Elise is actually an Exige. Even here in California I see ten Elise (or more) for one Exige.

San

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,557 Posts
Let's just quit the bs. I know the paint job $$$ has been a barrior to the 99.44% of you that actually want a Chrome Orange elige. Now you can just get it wrapped. Of course you will lose sleep knowing that underneath that masterpiece of saturated color is how shall we say a "less dignified hue", and no even with a Chrome Orange wrap your car *(science) has proven your car will never be as fast as a originally CO painted vehicle, it will however cause the envy to subside. So given all this has been agreed upon collectively, we can go forward and assume that whatever variant of Elige found ultimately in favor historically, it will be Chrome Orange.

* not an officially supported statement from CO Mafia.

·
Registered
719 Posts

edit: perhaps i was a bit too antagonizing in my original post. I'll just leave the link to production numbers by color as a reference.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Any Elige that someone like me has not modded every way they can think of.

Unmolested cars are the proverbial Unicorn

Reactions: Verichai and 6TVRs+

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I think the 2006 "Sport Elise" sort of qualifies. It came with actual go-fast parts from factory compared to just a paint job.

It came with Exige seats with proper shoulder holes, harness bar, Bilstein adjustable track pack dampers as well as A048 R-compound tires. Only available in yellow with silver stripes, and only 50 produced for the US.
I see a lot of these at the track, and most of them are beat to hell because the owners track the crap out of them for the better or worse.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The one you drive. There are not a lot of Eliges in the states any ways. I do own one that is hot pink, has lambo doors, can jump bridges, has a Mr Fusion installed plus a cheetah painted on the side with the slogan saying "Carole Baskins did it" so I win all.

Reactions: 6TVRs+

·
Plural of Lotus is Lotus
341 Posts
The most sought after Elise is usually mine! And by sought after, I mean by the State Police chasing me :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts