The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other night my artist friend was doing a photoshoot with a skateboarder wearing one of his shirts. He asked me if he could get some shots of the skater infront of my car. I really didnt want to but the artist is a good friend. The whole time I couldnt relax at all, I just kept thinking of the skateboard going flying and "stabbing" through the fiberglass. It didnt make things better that the kid wasnt very good and kept falling. He even let his board roll right towards the car twice and one of those times it got like an inch away from the front splitter. Never again lol

When it was all over it actually turned out cool. First one is real, the other one is photoshop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,180 Posts
I think I would have just made the rear plate black, so it disappears, instead of highlighting it by whiting it out. If you see car commercials on TV, they typically have the plate painted in the same color as the car so it mostly disappears.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I would have just made the rear plate black, so it disappears, instead of highlighting it by whiting it out. If you see car commercials on TV, they typically have the plate painted in the same color as the car so it mostly disappears.
thats a good point, I was surprised to see he actually edited out the plate. I will tell him that he should make it black.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
umm...just say no.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
You should have shot at a loading doc and let him jump over the car, that would be an awesome shot! :)

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
You are too brave. Of course if the skate boarder stabbed the front end of your car with the board, you probably would heard that famous line from Caddyshack: "You scratched my skateboard (anchor)!!

vincesf

·
Registered
582 Posts
I manage an indoor skatepark, and we have a "shop" area where I park my car. I used to be scared all the time that a board would hit it (knowing my luck it would be my own board haha) I finally got some barriers to block it off though. AWESOME pics, I plan on doing one of me doing a trick over my car soon :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Looks like he was doing a tre flip. Turned out cool though. I agree, skateboards can fling anywhere on the simplest tricks. A pebble for instance, is a skateboarders worst nightmare. That board could go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
:eek:

I would have cringed every time he did that— just waiting for a skateboard to fly through my windshield :O

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
He did Photoshop it in, the edges are too sharp and not natural. Zoom into the skater and you'll see what I mean.
Ok i looked at the 2nd picture in a paint program. I think the skater was in fact inches away from the car, and not overlayed onto the picture of the car. Instead, they cut out the background, which accounts for the cutout edge that you mentioned. You should be seeing parking lot light poles everywhere, because you can see the reflection of numerous lights in the cars paint. They cut out the background to make it all black. I obviously dont have a life

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
The second picture was done very poorly... You can see the white specs around the guy where he was cut out without even loading this into paint or PS... You can also tell by the color oddity, and wired haze effect he has...

Your car looks great though!! But your friend needs to spend a lot more time in PS...

·
Premium Member
6,933 Posts
When you said 30 minutes I assumed your jack had collapsed and you were waiting for an ambulance while being ventilated. That would be stressful.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok i looked at the 2nd picture in a paint program. I think the skater was in fact inches away from the car, and not overlayed onto the picture of the car. Instead, they cut out the background, which accounts for the cutout edge that you mentioned. You should be seeing parking lot light poles everywhere, because you can see the reflection of numerous lights in the cars paint. They cut out the background to make it all black. I obviously dont have a life
lmao no the skater was photoshopped into the 2nd picture. But he did also remove the background in that one too. But the first one is pretty much just uploaded exactly like it was taken, just adding the writing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts