The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XP Car's exhaust was about 10 years old and has a blown out out style second stage. Finally blowing sound at the last couple of events. Decided to do something about it. Added a 2" spacer to push the turn around to the left to get an additional 2" of canister. Old exhaust was 3" 2-stage race exhaust big brother to our ST-5. So this one is 3" in with 4" out, bigger 2nd stage. Hopefully better flow and a bit quieter!!!

XPExhaust1a.jpg
XPExhaust2.jpg

·
Vendor
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thinking about doing a run of custom quiet 2 stage exhausts. There will be a few different groups I am thinking about:

1. Stock header. This would be 2.5" ST-5-like exhaust, but longer with 90 bend at the end. Should drop a couple more dB.

2. DMC header. This would be a custom U-Bend that replaces your current one. It would move the exhaust mounting location to the left a few inches so the canister could be a few inches longer. Again a bit quieter.

3. DMC Header 3". This is for big power TVS400 and RevX customers. This will be a custom U-Bend that tapers up to 3", shifts exit to the left a few inches, and has a longer canister with 90 degree exit. Above stock TVS400 91 Octane levels the 2.5" exhaust starts becoming restrictive at high RPM.

I'll do a separate thread to gauge interest and we'll go from there.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
That's what I had on my car years ago. Was so damn loud with the stock cat, but sounded amazing. I had to wear earplugs. Deep tones downlow and as the car approached redline, it sounded like a liter bike.

·
Vendor
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I had on my car years ago. Was so damn loud with the stock cat, but sounded amazing. I had to wear earplugs. Deep tones downlow and as the car approached redline, it sounded like a liter bike.
QS(Quarter-Stick)? Yeah, that exhaust is damn loud. People ask us "How loud is it?" My reply,"Too Loud for you!" You know, if you have to ask......

What I am talking about up above is different. Designed to be light and quiet. Doesn't seem to be a ton of interest, which is fine. I ask these questions to know where to spend my time.....

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
QS(Quarter-Stick)? Yeah, that exhaust is damn loud. People ask us "How loud is it?" My reply,"Too Loud for you!" You know, if you have to ask......

What I am talking about up above is different. Designed to be light and quiet. Doesn't seem to be a ton of interest, which is fine. I ask these questions to know where to spend my time.....
No, it's from 2Bular. Called the blowpipe. 3x18" IIRC. Don't recall the weight, but probably 8-10 lbs.

·
Vendor
3,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts