The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just picked up my mom a pretty decent mother's day present.

My parents only have one car (Honda Accord) and I kinda get annoyed when they have to borrow my vehicles because they are always returned to me broken. I figured a good way to solve both of our transportation issues would be to just buy my mom something for mother's day.

It's a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee. It's not in perfect shape but I can put a couple of weekends of work into it and have it looking like brand new. I bought it off of a kid that I work with for $250! Even with a transmission that slips, that is a killer price! The engine runs like a champ and all the power accessories work!

·
Registered
736 Posts
What kind of kid is this? Did he owe you a favour or is he a little light upstairs? Does he have any more vehicles? :D
Even if it wasn't for a gift, I'd buy it, throw in a replacement trans from a scrap yard or fix the one in it, and resell it for what it's worth.
But you've done a good deed to one that raised you, so kudos to you.

·
Registered
668 Posts
rotfl you got it from a kid... oh just wait till his parents find out that their car was sold for 250$ ..... :thwack:

either way... killer price... your mom will be happy :)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rotfl you got it from a kid... oh just wait till his parents find out that their car was sold for 250$ ..... :thwack:

either way... killer price... your mom will be happy :)
By "kid", I really mean he's my age (24). I showed up at his house and his mom couldn't sign the title over to me quick enough. Haha, she was so excited to see it leave. They just wanted the truck out of their driveway. I was happy to take it. My friend in my offroad club already has a trans for me. I'm gonna paint part of his Camaro in exchange for a new trans for the Cherokee.

·
give me my second cam!
438 Posts
Good deal and congrats! I bought a PT losser (01) for $375 that includes all the registration and smog B.S. and it runs like a stop watch,knock on wood.:D My friend I bought it from is not exactly car savy and evrytime the car had a hickup he took it to the dealer so evrything is pretty much new mechanicaly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts