The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Definitely an odd pairing but the video review is excellent publicity for Lotus and fun to watch. The Evora does really well.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a pay channel online but MTOD has the full Top Gear collection now, Wheeler Dealers, Gas Monkey, and a million other shows.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just saw the episode and LOTUS wins! If I were on the Lotus Marketing team, I would be playing this on every single web site 24X7.

Wow! Come on LOTUS!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Just a preview. Pretty comical about the ac belt on the Camaro, though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yea I watched it using the free trial, not a bad episode... Also, best of luck to MT on their subscription, I just can't see myself paying for it knowing it all was once on YT.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The monthly subscription costs less than what a lot of magazines do at the store. The production values keep getting better and they have a ton of great shows including ALL Top Gears ever, Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, Overhaulin, live racing like Australian V8 Supercars and Isle of Man, and a bazillion other shows.

Anyway, their comparison of the Evora GT and the ZL LE is a lot of fun and you will probably cheer on the Lotus like I did.

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
I guess the written word makes my mind work a bit more than another picture show.. That fat guy is a bit full of himself anyway. His writing prose doesn't win any accolades either.

·
Registered
254 Posts
The elephant in the room that they completely ignored is you could almost buy two of the Camaros for the price of the Evora...

·
Registered
502 Posts
The elephant in the room that they completely ignored is you could almost buy two of the Camaros for the price of the Evora...
And I can buy ten TJ Maxx suits for the price of one Armani.

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
I have spent time in the new camaros....GREAT CARS but think heavy sword v surgical scapel. Totally different feeling. Once you experience lithe agility, its hard to add weight.

·
Registered
502 Posts
But I don't do a comparison test between TJ Maxx suits and Armani, then make a big deal when Armani squeaks out a win.
And I don’t define a win when wearing a good suit by how fast I can get it on or how many pockets it has.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I mean is the Evora GT overpriced? Subjective, but most of us would probably say yes. Although I doubt anyone will buy it anywhere close to MSRP. Lets be honest the Evora-line (as we know it) is most likely done. They are just running out the clock and probably clearing out parts. IMO the Evora GT is a bone thrown to US dealers to hold them over. I don't think Lotus is fooling themselves into thinking they are going to gain a ton of new customers with their current line-up of cars. Most people who buy an Evora GT probably have owned another Evora or Lotus previously.

So I will save any bitching about price vs. performance until they start announcing their new cars. I am exciting to see what they come up with in this new age of $60k mid-engine 500HP C8s and seemingly almost every sports car coming out over $40k running sub 4sec 0-60. It seems, HP is coming cheap now and new gear boxes letting cars accelerate in crazy fashion. So I wonder what Lotus will do to stand out. Maybe light weight cars will finally get their due.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I read that Chevrolet is taking a loss on every $60k C8 they sell. So unsurprisingly, they aren’t going to spec many—it’s clickbait for selling cars. A more typical price point after spec-ing the car out is in the mid $90s.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Yeah there is no doubt the pricing is very misleading. No dealer is going to spec a base Corvette. It would need to be special order from a customer. Its likely that base price is going to go up a lot in the next few model years. Making the C8 mid engine was a big step for GM and they want to get these out into a public and claiming a $60k price tag gets it into a lot of headlines.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I absolutely love my Elise, but I wouldn't even consider an Evora GT, as it is crazy expensive versus the competition. I will, however, be seriously considering a C8 Corvette after it's been in production for a few years. I'll wait till they get the bugs out and also for a Grand Sport edition.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts