The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts

ok this guy was super effing lucky, what really bothers me is the one of the bike riders is bothered that 911 was called in that video, I'm kinda against the photo and video guys there after seeing this, great people they are in person but its gotten so out of hand that this sadly adds complaints clubs that are out there about this issue.

So what really bothers me about this video, if someone is injured like this and you're not a trained paramedic "DO NOT TOUCH" let the Fire and medics handle it. Just that is one lucky guy and the driver in the Honda kudos for him being a smart driver and taking it slow as one should.

·
Asst. Helmet Tester
1,229 Posts
Wow. And this is #87 in the series! That's why they're known as organ donors. It does get crazy out there on the weekends. It's just not that much fun to be in a parade, even on a great twisty road.

I'm kinda against the photo and video guys there after seeing this, great people they are in person but its gotten so out of hand that this sadly adds complaints clubs that are out there about this issue.
The photographers are out there because the drivers and riders are there, not the other way around. If there were no cameras it wouldn't reduce the amount of stupidity, it might even make it worse.

So what really bothers me about this video, if someone is injured like this and you're not a trained paramedic "DO NOT TOUCH" let the Fire and medics handle it.
Disagree with you here. Someone who's not trained shouldn't be performing roadside surgery, but within reason, you should help. CA has a "Good Samaritan Law" which protects people from being sued because they performed basic first aid or CPR on an injured person as long as it's within their reasonable scope of training. There's actually been a push to add a "duty to assist" to the law to prevent companies from creating "do not touch" policies for fear of being sued.

·
Registered
760 Posts
The photographers are out there because the drivers and riders are there, not the other way around. If there were no cameras it wouldn't reduce the amount of stupidity, it might even make it worse.
I'd disagree with that. The riders and drivers know the exact corner that everyone's shooting/filming so they get more gutsy, hoping that they'll leave a more lasting impression.

If they weren't there, they'd just treat it like any other corner and not go as fast, as low, not try to forcibly knee drag, or drift (car) the turn. A lot of those guys are coercing the bike to get that low for the effect and not the mechanics. There's no reason half those guys should be that low or touching down at those speeds. And when you do, the geometry of the bike and tires do wonky things which spell disaster...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
I am betting that was a religious experience for the motorcycle rider, probably the car driver also.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
It is interesting that NOT calling 911 and wanting to flee the scene before the police arrive is paramount. Many motorcyclist are of this leaning, so it does say a lot about the interaction.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'd disagree with that. The riders and drivers know the exact corner that everyone's shooting/filming so they get more gutsy, hoping that they'll leave a more lasting impression.

If they weren't there, they'd just treat it like any other corner and not go as fast, as low, not try to forcibly knee drag, or drift (car) the turn. A lot of those guys are coercing the bike to get that low for the effect and not the mechanics. There's no reason half those guys should be that low or touching down at those speeds. And when you do, the geometry of the bike and tires do wonky things which spell disaster...
+1 :coolnana:

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just planning to go to the beach as much as possible and avoid the yellow time slips from the CHP this summer.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
why would you call 911? technically the cops won't come out unless there is an injury. and it doesn't look like anyone got hurt. so.... if this were car to car, th ecops wouldn't even answer a 911 call (because i have tried when i got hit in the bmw in LA). they just say "call a tow truck if you need one and leave us alone unless there is an injury and you need an ambulance. cali is no fault insurance - so there really (for california) nothing here for the police to do. - which is strange to me growing up on the east coast. but, whatever...

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
It is a 7th federal district, so California is a contributory negligence state; where they try to look for blame on both parts, to mitigate the responsibility of the person who Principally caused the wreck.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
why would you call 911? technically the cops won't come out unless there is an injury. and it doesn't look like anyone got hurt. so.... if this were car to car, th ecops wouldn't even answer a 911 call (because i have tried when i got hit in the bmw in LA). they just say "call a tow truck if you need one and leave us alone unless there is an injury and you need an ambulance. cali is no fault insurance - so there really (for california) nothing here for the police to do. - which is strange to me growing up on the east coast. but, whatever...
Sorry, I do appreciate your input but something like this is not to be taken lightly. Minor bump of cars is one thing but a motor bike low siding and easily causing more then $1k damage to the car and total loss on the bike is worthy of a call to the cops for a traffic report of this nature. Still though as much as it was a nice hang spot to see all of the Motorcycles and cars its really much a burn now. :thwack:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts