The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Can't help you with a price but here are a bunch of my GoPro Hero clips:
Youtube link

The limpet mount hangs on really well, even at 100mph and on bumpy mountain roads.

The clips look much, much better before youtube does its thing

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
The clips look much, much better before youtube does its thing
If the clips look much, much better before youtube does its thing then the quality is really good and all for $180. I might need to look into this as well.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Why yes it is. But there are some differences so comparing pricing is not the only thing. If I was selling an imported asian digital camera that could do shorter video segments then comparing prices would make sense (and I would look pretty bad). But I don't. Intentionally, this is not my market. I can't compete with China.

I personally think these are a good value for what they are. But they don't talk to data acquisition. They don't include GForce. They don't auto start. They don't run off car power. They don't take driver communication. Work with 32gig+ cards. Record over 100 hours of video. Do looping or recycle recording. Mix audio. Internal UPS. Work with other video sources. Upgradeable (field reflashable). Etc etc etc As I said, a different market and for a good number of people, a good choice. But not really the same thing. At least I don't see it as the same! :) But if someone wants a point and shoot solution at under $200... it looks good. Nice marketing too. I saw them originally in HAMMACHER SCHLEMMER for $129.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts