The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was a waste of my time.

They only had the Elise on for about 6 minutes, and only showed the KG car for a split second. The rest of the show was the ardent red car.

They used pictures of the base wheels and tires to show off the LSS package, didn't mention a hardtop, etc...

Not that I was surprised by any of that.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Hey, you know what - how about not being quite so negative?

They featured our bloody car, didn't they?

I thought it was fine, what did you expect ? A two-hour special ? It's MotorWeek, for crying out loud! Geez.

Let's Breathe, People. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I liked it too...it was nice to see the Elise on TV:)

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Being honest about something now qualifies as being negative? If something I say really bothers you, ignore it.

Let's Breathe, People.
It seems you're the one getting worked up.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Yep I thought it was pretty well done for what it is. Motorweek is more of a broadbased car show and as we all know this is totally a niche vehicle (why a lot of us like it!). The fact that the report was another positive is icing on the cake.

I'm sure all the major mags and car shows will do tech performance once the cars become more available. Motorweek filmed the show during the press launch when you had dozens of Journalists wanting to get at the car, so time was very limited
Chris:)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I loved watching the BRG and Silver cars cranking on the track and kicking through the cones. That was fun. Also, watching that guy get into the car gave me a real good idea on the size of the car. It is small, but not unmanagable. I enjoyed the glowing report, even though it was pretty superficial. I've watched it three times already. :D

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
has anyone mpeg'ed it yet?

::smacks arm with two fingers:: I'm looking for my fix. ;)

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I always love seeing the Elise on TV… Even if nothing is said. I especially would love to hear the stage II exhaust… I replayed the clip of the stage I ten times already:clap:
However I can also relate to those who feel the report lacked new information. I was really hoping for some hard numbers on braking distance and slalom times.

Forget all that, just give me my car already:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
Derek,
Are you talking about the Barber clip of the 4 Elises coming down the straight and the CO car bringing up the rear w/ the stage 1?
Or is it another one? TIA

·
Registered
172 Posts
After reading the posts I wasn't expecting much from the review.......but after watching it? It's hard not to get excited.
That and it confirmed my decision on ardent red. Do I wish it showed the CO w/ the LSS stage 2 exhaust?.....sure but oh well.

The elise looked great on something other then my laptop......on a 60" LCD HD screen it looked awesome.
If anyone didn't watch the review the video is worth a 1000 words......you don't have to listen to the commentary.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
It's a great piece, especially if you weren't expecting the Elise to be on. It took me by surprise - :huh::eek: :bow:

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
_JD_ said:
Derek,
Are you talking about the Barber clip of the 4 Elises coming down the straight and the CO car bringing up the rear w/ the stage 1?
Or is it another one? TIA
Yeah that's the clip... I don't think anyone here has heard the stage II yet?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
BrianK said:
has anyone mpeg'ed it yet?

::smacks arm with two fingers:: I'm looking for my fix. ;)
I have it on DVD:) (I have the Tivo with a DVD burner:D) If you want to come down to HB you can pick it up.:cool:

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Patricko - if I bring you a DVD-R, can I have a copy?

Bob

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
go to the reviews section instead of "Rumours and News..." It's already loaded there I believe...

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
rtking said:
Patricko - if I bring you a DVD-R, can I have a copy?

Bob
Hello Bob,

I am still in your debt...i have your copy waiting for you:)

When can you come by?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts