The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody interested in riding that weekend? I know of a few decent rides in the San Gabriels that we could do. One is pretty harsh for the first 4.5 miles but then really eases up for 3. Then we have 6 miles of awesome single track.

The best part is that we're only a few miles away from Roscoe's Chicken and Waffles when we finish!

We can do something a little more mellow.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Meet at the top of Lake Street off the 210 in Pasadena/Altadena

From the south, take the 5 North, 2 North, 134 East, 210 East, exit Lake North, go ~3 miles.....

I'm not too sure as to what time. I'm thinking meet at 10:00 so we can eat around 3:00.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Joe,
I think you still live in my neck of the woods, so we could carpool out there if you wanted. I do have the truck, we could even fit Will in if he is available. The Truck has lots of seats and the bed will hold a bunch of bikes.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sweet!

Yeah, if Will is available, that would be too damn cool.

I haven't seen him since forever.

I'll hit you on Direct Connect this afternoon.

·
Registered
171 Posts
i don'w have that phone anymore :D I hate them :D the sevice was ssoooooo bad :eek:

Call me at 818.648.4415

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sorry guys. I've become booked this weekend with pressing matters.

I'll join you'all next time.

And I did buy a shock pump. $19.99 at performance.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota

·
Registered
33 Posts
woodrufj said:
Sorry guys. I've become booked this weekend with pressing matters.

I'll join you'all next time.

And I did buy a shock pump. $19.99 at performance.

Jay W
505/287 Dakota
Jay,

Did you get the super duper special Performance discount????

Cary

·
Registered
26 Posts
From Joe's brief description of the trail, I think I'll have to sit it out. I've ridden twice now on the Fullerton Loop, and that is great fun but still a grueling ride for me (noob). I'm either doing the Loop yet again, or going to Chino Hills this Saturday.

Kimberly
already wishing my bike had more than just a front suspension

·
Member # 16
180 Posts
Kimberly said:
Kimberly
Don't feel bad. I used to have a full suspension, but went back to a hard tail (front only). Lots of hardcore riders won't use a full suspension bike because of the extra weight and the power loss whlie climbing. I've seen guys do things on their hardtails that I and guys better than me could never do on full suspension bikes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Kimberly said:
From Joe's brief description of the trail, I think I'll have to sit it out. I've ridden twice now on the Fullerton Loop, and that is great fun but still a grueling ride for me (noob). I'm either doing the Loop yet again, or going to Chino Hills this Saturday.

Kimberly
Yeah, it's a bit hardcore, but definately do-able. I used to do it in the summer, so the weather now should make it much easier. We can always do something more mellow, I wouldn't intentionally put friends through 4 hours of agony to make myself look better, well maybe I would....

The problem with the San Gabriels is that you need a certain fitness level to bike in them.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I am very sorry to tell you that I must back out of this ride :( I have to be at a work meeting @ 12 noon and thus can not make it. :(

Have a good ride guys :cool:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts