The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here has mounted a stereo amp in the cabin of their Elige, and how did you accomplish it? I am considering moving my amp from the trunk to (probably) behind the driver's seat and I'd like to know what people have done to set up mount points. I'd consider other locations too if they make sense.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I moved the passenger seat ahead an inch and a half a stuck a 5 channel behind it.
How did you affix the amp to the rear cabin panel? Superglue? Gorilla sitting on it? Dark matter?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have mine behind the drivers seat. I used large Velcro strips. Hasn't moved an inch. I have the bottom resting on the floor, so the Velcro only needs to hold the side to side motion.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Four short screws.
I just recently moved mine from behind the drivers seat to the trunk. I didn't like that I lost the last notch or two of range on the seat. Mine was mounted with four short course threaded screws, all but 1 had popped. If I were to mount it there again, I'd remove a bit of the carpet and hold it with industial velcro.

·
Relapsing Honda fan
1,259 Posts
I just recently moved mine from behind the drivers seat to the trunk. I didn't like that I lost the last notch or two of range on the seat. Mine was mounted with four short course threaded screws, all but 1 had popped. If I were to mount it there again, I'd remove a bit of the carpet and hold it with industial velcro.
Four short fine thread machine screws.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts