The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

Mounting the V1

30K views 225 replies 59 participants last post by  Evl 
I made my ouw rollbar mount out of some sheet aluminum and a sheet metal brake I got from harbor freight. Came out OK, but I'm going w/ the Sector111 harness bar mount now. I ran all the wires to the cubby hole up by the headlights, and put a remote display and audio control in there. You want the audio control since if the V1 is in a box, you won't be able to adjust the volume at all. I'll post some pics soon. (or soonish...)

coulthard fan said:
The stealth box is going to be a chore to work in the Elise since it has one flat end and one angled end. I plan to dremel off the angled end and make it flat by reattaching/gluing the reddish tinted translucent plastic after I cut it to fit.

Ps: EVL - I just bought a place a few blocks from you @ Harbor Court. Don't move up there until June though.
Let me know how your dremmeling goes, I'm looking at doing the same thing. Not sure the best kind of glue to use to put it back together either.

Congrats on the new place. I think you'll like the neighborhood, lots of good people. :up: Lots of good places to eat. :up: Not so much in the line of parking tho. :sad:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.