The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WARNING..please forgive my all lowercase and lack of spelling, im using a laptop and im not used to it. I cant hit shift to save my life and I cant type fast, its driving me nuts. So apologies in advance.

we went down and got our second car on wed! :) the weather was simply awful. we took our orange car and a mazdaspeed protege belonging to a couple of our friends who also came along.

first id like to ask....remember my thread in this forum about all the mouse seed in my car? FUNNY STORY! after driving for roughly 300 miles from louisville heading into tn/ga line we stopped to get more gas. our car was parked at the pump and we walked over to our friends car where they were having a small snack and chatting. someone looked over and said 'HEY LOOK AT THAT MOUSE!" a mouse had jumped down from the front area of the car...stood there for a second then jumped back in. LOL YES THE MOUSE WAS TRAVELLING WITH US!

I guess he woke up, got out and said OH CRAP, this doesnt look like the garage anymore". His access route is a box shaped tube behind the wheels. LOL, we crawled on the ground and looked and he was sitting in the car taking a bath washing his face. One of the guys with us managed to take a pic of him.

We tried to poke him out with a stick but he went somewhere in the car where we couldnt see him anymore. I firgued if he made it 300 miles without falling out that maybe he make it to LOA and Deals Gap?

The weather got progressively worse from our mouse gas station stop all the way into atlanta. We had to pull over 2 times due to rain so hard the Lotus wiper couldn't handle it.

finally got there and picked up the saffron car, LOA's new showroom looks great! told our mouse story and showed our pics to chris constantine, he about died laughing. He took the camera around the dealership showing people pics of the mouse sitting in the car. lol

left from LOA to go straight to deals gap with me driving the new car. I was nervous, new car, country backroads, pitch black and heavy rain. somehow we made it to robbinsville NC and stayed the night there. I secretely hoped mr mouse survived the trip and would maybe get out of the car at our hotel overnight. we also hoped the rain would stop or we couldnt run the gap thursday.

thursday morning...still raining and HARD too. good news though was that the weather channel showed the rain moving off to the east AND we actually looked out from the hotel lobby and saw some breaks in the storm clouds with sun peaking through.

went out the the orange car to load up some stuff and whaddya know?? the mouse was STILL alive and well and had eaten some seeds in the passenger floor board overnight. hehe

we left for the gap and the sun starting coming out which was super news! the roads though were still very wet early on so we had to take it easy. wet roads with leaves and pine needles = bad things.

I was again driving the yellow car and was a bit nervous, especially running the gap on rainslick roads. After our first two times running it started to dry off, it was lovely. NO traffic either!

Visited fontana dam, took pics, ran the gap 4 or 5 times, then we left for home.

FWIW, there are differences in this later vin car and our first car. I'll elaborate on those in a new thread. Oh, and btw, we thought there was no way the mouse could have done the gap 5 times ( being thrashed around ) and figured he would get out or fall out. this morning I went out to the garage to get something and there's more seed in the passenger well again. THE MOUSE MADE IT FROM LOUISVILLE TO ATLANTA, DID DEALS GAP , AND MADE IT HOME!:huh: :clap:

I'll post more later.

my husband with our sales person and our friend Cindy who went down with us...oh and the new car is that big yellow thing in the pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
OneFast,
Great story and pics! My calculations put you at around 1600 turns at Deals Gap. That's one hell of a tough mouse! Could he be feasting on composite materials? (Where is he getting seeds from?

I'm really glad to see LOA has moved as their old location was definitely holding them back.

Please go into details on the changes to this car as soon as possible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I've never seen an elise in person...I've seen hundreds of pictures. I love small cars. And it just hit me how small this car is because I looked at your first picture expecting to see the passenger foot area...saw the petals, wondered why it was a right hand drive car, and then saw the divider. If anything it just makes me more interested in the car but w/e. (Senior in college so its gonna be a while hehe)

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Very hiliarious Elise story... I love the fact that this unwanted squatter got more than he bargained for. (I suddenly see a movie treatment -- "The Stowaway" -- starring Martin Short, or maybe even Martin Lawrence: Nutty misfit stows away in the back of a stretch Hummer, it turns out it's owned by a metal act on a cross-country tour, hilarity ensues.)

I always assumed Deals Gap was just a nice public road, but it's a "motorcycle resort"? Please inform this ignorant Californian.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
With that beautiful car I would have hoped the little bugger would leave and colonize Deals Gap (or at least support the appetite of an owl). But that's just me. :D

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Jon,
Deals Gap started out some years ago in the sportbike community as an exc. set of twisties (when I first heard of it about 1996) at that time only bikes and locals drove it and the occasional tourist. Word eventually leaked out to the sports car community consequently you see a lot of sports cars there too, tho sportbikes by far rule the place. The pic of the Crossroads of time, motel/campground/store, been there for years under various owners. It's on the N Carolina side (only the first couple miles of the GAP are NC rest is TN, the NC part the surface is in only fair condition, the TN stretch surface is wonderful!

Crossroads just opened a restaurant a few months ago, E2b, JamesA and several others ate there at the first annual club 111 running of the dragon.

The Gap is best done midweek, as Friday Sat SUn in spring/summer/fall can get pretty congested.

Chris
Thinking about getting a new R1 to take up there next spring.

·
Registered
591 Posts
This thread is no good without a picture of the mouse! :D

Does he wear a driving shoes and a fire suit?

Greg

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Jenn,

If you catch a photo, he could be our EliseTalk mascot. We could chip in and buy him a little helmet for all the hard driving. Maybe also a little seat with belts so he doesnt slide around as much...:p

By the way, would love to hear about the differences between the cars.

Thanks!

Chris

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
I christen thee....Danger Mouse,

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Why do I get an image of the mouse chewing on your brake line while you are driving deals gap:eek:

I think you need to kill the little bugger:clap:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts