The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of doing some work to my rear clam and I'm making some changes. I removed the plastic fins (Elise) by the tailights and I was going to just fill in that area but I have another option. I can cut out both tail light sections and move them over almost two inches to the edge of the cove.
This will give the rear a wider effect, I'm just not sure of how that will effect the body lines and design flow. I drew in the poss. cuts with a marker and will take pics tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
80 Posts
check out the rear angle shot of an Aston Martin One77. That would look outstanding on the back of an Elise/Exige. It already does on an Aston. They have the lights pushed to the egdes of the rear and looks good IHO.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I added 4.5 inches between the tailights by removing 2.25 inches that is the fake fin area on each side. Pics soon to follow after I repaint the car this week. No more narrow butt. A little more Mclaren-ie

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
7,475 Posts
Anything that makes the car look wider makes it look better.
I swapped the inner brake lights with the outer turn signal lights so that the brake lights were on the outside. The car looks wider!
Well, only for the minimal amount of time you are actually on the brakes.

·
Premium Member
4,581 Posts
Thats exactly what I was thinking... but I like having a trunk. Thanks a bunch I had my mind all made up to fill it in.... You already talked me into loosing my front turn signals, whats next Eddie? Panel delete, got it.
Well here is the baddest Aero car of the west by Brent, the Aeroman - trunk delete, rear panel delete, CF hatch, TWRD rear wing, and much much more. This car literally flies!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts