The Lotus Cars Community banner

If you had to move, what would you take with you?

• Rhino Ramps + Torin Jack Stands

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • Just the Torin Jack Stands

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I'm moving and shipping the Lotus, but I'm not sure whether I should take my Rhino Ramps, or will I be okay with just my Torin Jack Stands. The main question is, is it safe to change the oil under the car with just the Torin Jack Stands, granted that I place then properly, or am I better off being safe than sorry with the Rhino Ramps? The Rhino Ramps of course are the safest option, since it has more surface area contact than the Torin Jack Stands (tyres sitting on ramps vs. car sitting on two hockey pucks).

Thanks.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
Wow.. JiffyLube wasn't an option..........now I don't know WHAT to vote for. ( RAMPS only... that wasn't an option either )

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Jackstands are more versatile. They work for changing tires, suspension stuff, brakes.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow.. JiffyLube wasn't an option..........now I don't know WHAT to vote for. ( RAMPS only... that wasn't an option either )
No, I like changing my own oil and air filter, you know, the simple stuff. I can't do Ramps only because I need jack stands in order to change the air filter (because I have to remove the driver rear tyre).

Does anyone feel safe under the car if it's just on jack stands?

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Why would you leave anything behind? Costs too much to pack?
No space in Lotus. Trying to consolidate move to: Lotus, check-in luggage, two backpacks. Rhino Ramps take up 33% of passenger seat space.

Thanks, Randy. Knowing that you've been under other cars like this makes me feel a bit better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts