The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any other Lotus owners there? After a bit of searching, I'm guessing no but I figured I'd throw it out there. Having never been to Abilene, though, I'm wondering if anyone has any information about the area at all, from good roads to good eats to good places to live. I'll probably be down there a few times before I move, but figured if there was any inside information I needed to know one of the Texans here might be able to tell me.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello, have you moved to abilene, tx. because i live there, however currently deployed i haven't seen any lotus's in abilene before or heard of any. until acouple days ago. i talked to my wife and she told one of my good friend who just purchased a vette that i was going to get a lotus when i get home that there is someone in abilene with a lotus. i was wondering if that is you because i can not find anyone on this forum from there but you?? i was hoping to be the 1st one but i can deal with that. i noticed that you call yourself a stick actuator, thats what i call the people that break my ****??

·
Registered
115 Posts
Lived there for 2 years while active duty at Dyess AFB - woke up to the sound of B1's and ate alot of brisket there - don't miss the annual Rattlesnake Round Up, the Chili cook-offs, and really good Onion Rings at the Smokestack(?) restaurant in Thurber, Tx (population = 8) when you head "into town" for 3 hours east to Dallas/Ft Worth.....

·
Registered
30 Posts
let me get this straight you currently live in abilene, man. how long have you been there with your lotus?? i am so surprised because i haven't heard anyone talk about seeing a lotus or anything like that around there. hope fully by Oct i can land my lotus, i have already told the wife that i am going to get the forcefed turbo kit for it. she asked y i needed it fast than it already is and i told her because. she said whatever as long as i am happy, always an advantage to keep the checking accounts seperate after getting married. not to mention she can't complain with her '09 CX-7 loaded.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Jeez, you go to Dallas for the day and come back to find this old thread resurrected.

R00ter20 - All I am saying is that I take the credit if it ain't broken, and I blame you if it breaks. Hurry on back from your deployment since there aren't enough Lotus' in town.

JRzCarz - I missed the Rattlesnake Roundup this year, though I heard it was good times. I'll try and catch it next time, and I'll be sure to check out those onion rings. So far I'm a big fan of Perini Ranch.

damiani2 - We need to go for a drive this time, it's been over two years, I think, since I've gone on a drive with another Lotus. There are a few in Midland and at least one in San Angelo but I haven't managed to meet anyone yet.

Anyways, good to see Abilene has some more Lotus owners here and/or on the way.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I was stationed at Dyess in the mid-80s. I recall reading: "Did You Expect Such Sh!t"

·
Registered
269 Posts
Perini Ranch in Buffalo Gap is some of the best steak you'll eat anywhere. :drool: Check it out.

·
Registered
30 Posts
dfa2100--well i have had my hands full of fixing "broken" aircraft on this deployment that aren't really broken due to bogus write-ups. oh well. you live and you turn a wrench.

well guys i was researching more about forced induction and am unsure which one i would like to go with, good thing is there are a couple to choose from. what is your take. it would be nice to met up with ya'll when i get back so i can check our ya'lls lotus's. i am looking at getting an '06 prolly, money issues and can't afford a real high payment.

·
Registered
821 Posts
ALL the West Texas Lotus' need to have GTG...I know the 2 of us in midland would go....we're all about road trips. :shift::shift:

we went with the Local Miata club to Perini ranch a cpl weeks ago. damn good food.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I vote for any place that has a significant amount of twisty roads, but I don't really know where any real twisty roads are around here. Good food is also a factor, but I'm dying to find some curvy roads. Any ideas?

·
Registered
41 Posts
There is a very brief section of road on the 277 toward San Angelo very close to Abilene that has some twists and elevation changes. The road that Perini ranch is on eventually leads to it. I think we should all have a road trip out to Dallas when they have their next meet.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I cannot, I have been doing my own work on the car and don't have my windows tinted. That and I haven't been here all that long.

·
Registered
30 Posts
damiani2 - Magic Tint in abilene does a pretty good job i had them do my cavalier about 7 years ago, no peeling or spoting. I will have to say ask them to not put in their little logo thing inbetween the tine and window in the lower corner. back then they used a laser cutter that pre-cut the tint so it fit the windows exactly. i beleve they are still around. they are a sister store to audio magic who i do not recomend never had any good instances with them that i recall.

I have been in abilene for almost 10 yrs now and know a bit about the stuff there. my wife grew up there and her family knows tons of people around. my neighbor down the street knows a lot of the roads around, he's a dang good motorcycle rider, does his usual saturday ride at different places, i can ask for some routes when i get back.

·
Registered
821 Posts
There's a backroad that goes from around abilene to around seminole...fun little road for west texas. Its one that Motorbikes frequent....

I can get name of road if needed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’m in Abilene as well. :wave:
My wife told me she saw a newer red "elise" in abilene today. she said they pulled right up next to her at a light by the first national bank of baird. thought it might of been you?? oh on the elise bit pay her no mind she doesn't know the differece between an elise and exige.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I'm another fellow Abilene resident, although I'm just a Lotus fan and S2000 driver. dfa2100, I think I've seen your car at my coworker's apartment complex once and at the Drive Genesis event in DFW. Blue Elise with tan interior? Well anyways nice to meet you all. I'm always up for a cruise as well and I know some nice roads.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts