The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!

moving to Phoenix

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  lt0302 
#1 ·
driving from SLC to Phoenix in 2 weeks.

My Elise will be my DD for a while, so any tips dealing with the heat?

any reccos for local (Gilbert) shops for servicing, oil changes, belt swaps nothing major

#6 ·
I think there's a cars n coffee event around loop 101 and scottsdale road. Search facebook, there are two different ones

#8 ·
There is a local Lotus group that meets monthly and this Thursday night is it at 7pm. This time it is at the British Open Pub on Scottsdale Rd. and McDowell (SW corner). Please reply to let us know if you are coming to save a table space for you. So far I have confirmation that an early Elite and a Lotus Cortina are joining us this month.

This weekend is the Windgate Festival of Speed on Saturday. The group typically meets nearby so that we can arrive/park together. Nothing has been set yet for that but I look for it to be discussed Thursday night. Feel free to attend Thursday or PM me for information and I can get you onto the local group's email list.

The local group has quite a few active members but not as many as other regions. Our monthly meetings usually have 3-10 cars and our largest Cars and Coffee group was 13 cars.

#9 ·
I'm on the LOOP mailing list, but I'll still be on the road Thursday night. But the Windgate Festival of Speed sounds good, count me in for that. Can you PM me details?

#11 ·
Still looking for a localish shop to do a oil change and general look over after the 500+ miles I put on the car last week getting into Phoenix

Saw Bretons Auto on the LOOP FB page? any recommendations?

#12 ·
You can always come to my house

And I'll do it for you.....for a case of Pepsi!:D

#14 ·
Answered

Pm:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.