The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be posted to San diego from next tuesday(15th may) for some training with the US Navy and i'll be there till the end of the year. I'm hoping to get an elise there since i have one here in singapore. There's an ad for one in craigslist san diego but the dealer is located near LA and the price seems a little too good to be true when compared to the cars on sale here.

>>2006 Lotus Elise Yellow Manual>> We Finance any Credit

I'll be working on a budget of $20-22 000 as i can't afford to finance two elises around the world at the same time. Would that be a realistic figure for a stock car? Also, could someone in the san diego area direct me to where i could possibly find one for that price range? If i were to use the car for a period of 6months, what would the expected depreciation and expected loss be like?

Thank you for the help, really looking forward to coming over. If i can't get an elise there i would probably settle for a S2k...

·
Registered
141 Posts
Unfortunately I don't think anyone is going to take you that seriously at your price range. The price of Elise's (and most convertibles) are going up for the summer. You may be much better off getting the S2K. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
161 Posts
For the price listed ($21K), that Lotus has a salvage history.

As will pretty much any Elise you will find for under $22K.

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
The California market on these cars tends to bring the high end of the market. Especially with late spring/summer weather here. Anything that low in price will have salvalge title history. On the bright side, if the car is repaired properly you should be able to turn it around with no loss, BUT it will have to be on the market for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts