The Lotus Cars Community banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
Okay. My plan was to take some MP3 CDs for the ROADTRIP and it would truly suck to find out they can't play. I will read the manual again.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
I'm guessing the directories are neccessary to support the album feature of the MP3 player, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last time I messed around with a Sony head unit at the store, you could skip between collections, albums, and then finally the individual songs. How would you organize a CD for the Blau to accomplish this?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I found out you have to have directories and subfolders?, ie The album title is one, then sub is the track name and number. First time I did it, I didn't change the track names, so essentially with 5 music cds on the disc converted to mp3 I had 5 track 1s, 2s etc. had to renam tracks so they wouldn't conflict. Too lazy to find the titles of each track, so I just did Muddy Waters1, 2, 3, etc.
Chris

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Okay. My plan was to take some MP3 CDs for the ROADTRIP and it would truly suck to find out they can't play. I will read the manual again.
Here are the instructions for the directory structure:

Preparing the MP3 CD

The various combinations of CD burners, CD burning software and CD blanks may lead to problems arising with the ability to play certain CDs. If problems occur with your own burned CDs, you should try another brand of CD blank or choose another blank colour. Best results are achieved with CD blanks that provide 74 minutes of playing time.

The format of the CD must be ISO 9660 Level 1 or Level 2 or Joliet. Other formats cannot be played reliably.

Avoid multi-sessions. If you write more than one session to the CD, only the first session will be detected.

You can create a maximum of 127 directories on a CD. Each of these directories can be accessed using this device.

Each directory can contain up to 254 tracks and subdirectories, which can also be accessed. A maximum of 8 levels of directories are allowed.

Since using some burner software can lead to inconsistencies in the way items are numbered, you should ensure that the root directory D01 either contains only subdirectories containing tracks (Fig. 1) or only tracks (Fig. 2).

Each track can be named using the PC. The directory name can be displayed in the device’s display. Name the directories and tracks using your CD burner software. The software’s operating instructions will provide details on how to do this.

Note:
- When naming directories and tracks you should avoid using special characters.

If you like your files to be in the correct order, you should use burner software that places files in alphanumerical order. If your software does not provide this feature, you can also sort the files manually. To do so, you should place a number (e.g. “001”, “002”, etc.) in front of each file name – the leading zeros must also be included.

MP-3 tracks can contain addition information such as the artist, track and album names (ID3 tags). This device can display ID3 tags if they are version 1.

Only MP3 files with the “.MP3” file extension can be played on this device.

Note:
To ensure uninterrupted playback,
- do not attempt to change the file extension to “.MP3” of any files other than MP3 files and then attempt to play them!
- Do not use “mixed” CDs containing non-MP3 data and MP3 tracks.
- Do not use mix-mode CDs containing audio tracks and MP3 tracks.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
While on the subject of MP3s, how do I remove the copy protection of WMA files to convert them to MP3 or regular CDs? I have some legally bought and downloaded songs that will only play on the computer that I downloaded them on. Unfortunately, I did this at work to take advantage of the high speed connection, and I can't burn them to CD as intended. What software (preferably free) can I use to do this?

Tim Mullen

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.