The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experiencing an unusual problem that I have not seen discussed up to this point. I have a 2005 Elise with the Blaupunkt MP54 radio. I am far removed from being an audiophile so I am quite happy with the sound of the radio (for the rare times that I actually have it turned on).

I'm trying to set the time using the "Auto Clock" feature and the corresponding RDS signal. I have been successful in finding radio stations that transmit the signal and the time is set accurately BUT the time is 12 hours off (okay, accurately is a misnomer)! The radio displays AM when it should be PM and vice versa. I have tried setting the clock to 24 hour mode but the time displayed is 12 hours off as well. I realize I can set the clock manually but I would prefer using the auto feature.

I have set the clock manually and have adjusted the time so it's several hours off. I then switch it back to Auto and several minutes later, after locking onto an RDS signal, it displays the correct time once again BUT off by 12 hours.

After a number of fruitless Google searches I thought I would ask the collective. Any ideas?

Thank you in advance.

Brian

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3carmonte,

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I had found that post in my searches including another post from a user by the name of Whiskey who provided a fairly extensive list of changes that can be made to the display.

Unfortunately none of those seem to correct the problem. Also, my calling it a problem is a bit of a stretch since it is more of a minor annoyance than anything! It just seems very odd that it would be off by 12 hours (I can understand it being off by several hours due to GMT as I've seen in other posts but that's not the case in this situation).

Brian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts